cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I extract files of kind .rar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What tool can I use for extracting the file NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1.rar?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1.rar is the first part of a RAR archive. You need to download both files:

- NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1.rar

- NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part2.rar

Save both files in the same folder and use a tool like WinRAR to extract the archive.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to download both files and both files have to be in the same directory during the extraction.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have both files in the same directory but when I start the extracting process I got this messages:

D:\SAP_portal\NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1.rar:

Unexpected end of archive

CRC failed in NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11\NWSneakPreviewSP11\SneakPreviewContent\SDM\SDMKIT.JAR. The file is corrupt

Cannot create NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11\DeveloperStudioSP11\J2EE-

RUNT-CD\IDE\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\CAF\DCs\sap.com\caf\runtime\connectivity\impl\_comp\gen\default\public\com.sap.caf.mp.core.svc\90549cee3a85b8105ec24698da254123.HASH

Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters

Appreciate your help,

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

winrar complains of errors while extracting the archive files.

1) unexpected end of the arhive.

It complains about authenticity information and some

java doc files.

Is there any way to verify the integrity of archive before installation,

can some one list the steps for extraction and installation.

Appreciate your help on this,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have downloaded WinRAR, do the following

1. Open WinRAR

2. Navigate to the directory with the files

3. Select both files (using Control key)

4. Click on Extract To button and specify a destination folder

Dont, double click on the files. Hopefully this should do the trick. Otherwise, download the files again.

Regards, Parag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Parag that was a neat trick:) and it worked too!

Message was edited by: Simon Andreassen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following Parag's instructions, but I still get multiple WinRAR diagnostic messages that "Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters." Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved! I was trying to extract to a destination "D:\SneakPrev" and forgetting to count the "D:\" in the path name limitation of 10 or fewer characters. Tried again, extracting to "D:\SP", and it worked fine. Geeeez - I presume to be smart enough to play around with the NetWeaver technology stack and I can't even count to 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do this, but still get the unexpected end of file. I re-downloaded the files, and checked file sizes, etc, and still get the message. it also throws a CRC message on the dta_load.gz file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per definition of the J2EE standard:(java.sun.com J2EE Connector Architecture -- get the pdf)

A resource Adapter file (.rar) is a file of type java archive (.jar) but with specific content...

It usually will be deployed from inside your .ear file.

So just use jar -tvf yourfilename.rar to view the content list of your .rar file...

Enjoy