cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning in General Ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I introduce the planning functionality of the new general ledger at our customer. I have created all plan version, plan profiles... everything is working. But when I enter real test data via GP12N, I can not explain myself what SAP is posting.

E.g.

I input in GP12N my variables: period, com.code, PC, account (e.g. receivables)...

When I input the amount and use distribution key 2. SAP is posting it.

But when I look at a FI report (S_PL0_86000029 - Fin. Statement: Plan/Actual Comparison) I see once the debit of the receivable, but as well a credit in my shareholder's equity. It seems that SAP is posting immediately a second line (contra posting), so the document has a zero balance.

For me this is really strange, because before I only knew PCA planning and there I once never received a contra-posting and secondly where can I find this contra-account in the customzing. I have checked and searched for it, but I was not successful. Or is this SAP standard? If yes, for what reason?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Heidi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope the following link are useful:

New GL Planning GP12N with excel

Please assign points as way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I have even more questions and I hope, you can bring some light in the topic for me.

1. What is the difference of TR GP12N and FSE5N? GP12N looks very similiar to the planning in CO or PCA to me. FSE5N is based on the financial statement version.

2. When executing FSE5N I get an error that version and ledger does not exist in T894. I have checked the maintenance table V_T894 and I make all settings. Save, but when I display the table again, it is empty. Why does not SAP take the settings?

3. Normally I wanted to use the customizing for G/L planning, that means via SPRO - Financial Accounting (New) - General Ledger Accounting (New) - Planning - Plan Versions. I set up all the parameters and GP12N is working as well, but I get these contra postings, as descibed in my initial question.

Again I come to my first question, what is the difference between GP12N and your proposal to use FSE15N???

thanks in advance

heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please give me some more information about the transactions GP12N and FSE5N??? Is there any connection between planning in FI on PC level and on company code level? Like if I plan in GP12N, FSE5N gets automatically updated? Can you give me any hints for documentation for FSE5N (GP12N is fine). I still can't do any customizing for FSE5N, because I want to change the ledger. But SAP does not save it. Is there any connection to table T894 (plan version?).

thanks in advance.

heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check table GLPCAP

This is where the planned values are stored.

Check the amounts for the different GL accounts.

Check to see if both have come in the same posting or different postings.

If the account you dont expect to see is not in the tables, perhaps you are using the wrong report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which table do you mean: table GLPCAP is not existing.

thanks heidi