Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR in webservices from r/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help ....

I am trying to consume a WebService generated in the R/3 system. I am working on WebDynPro Adobe forms. Calling this WebService on click of the button on this form. The WebService calls an RFC internally which inserts data into the R/3 system.

The error which I get is:

Service call exception; nested exception is: java.lang.Exception: Call to returned http code 500 with unacceptable content type (text/html; charset=iso-8859-1). <HTML><HEAD> <TITLE>500 SAP Internal Server Error</TITLE> </HEAD><BODY> <H1>500 SAP Internal Server Error</H1> ERROR: Exception condition "CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR" raised. (termination: RABAX_STATE)<P> </BODY></HTML>

IT'S URGENT ... Pls if anyone knows the reason ....

Thanks in Advance...

7 REPLIES 7

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It sounds like the RFC isn't intended for background calls. The CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR sounds like a frontend GUI control was attempted to be instaniated, but of course you have not connection to a GUI.

There is a RABAX_STATE. That means there should be more details in a short dump in the ABAP system. Goto transaction ST22 and have a look. However chances are good that you might just have to find another RFC to call. Can you share what RFC it was that you were calling?

0 Kudos

The RFC that I am trying to call is ZHR_CREATE_POSN.

This is an RFC we have developed which takes two text fields and a dropdown list value and updates it in the R/3 system. Do you need to do anything specifically to call an RFC via a Web Service.????

this is urgent .... pls respond.

0 Kudos

I suspect it has something to do with what you are doing inside the custom function module. You can't have Gui controls inside an RFC that will be used in a WebService. Your RFC must be able to run 'DARK'.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response. The custom function module that we have developed is a BDC program which creates a position in the R/3 system. The mode in which the BDC is running is a no screen mode i.e MODE = 'N'. We then made this FM a RFC and then used the "Webservice Browser" BSP to generate the WSDL. Is this causing the problem ?

Regards,

Sameer.

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

As Thomas had pointed out, some transactions are not designed to work in background mode. Going by the name of your Z function module, I suspect that you are trying to create positions in HR. there have been other posts on this very topic today which you may find to be of interest-

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

Just execute the Function module in SE37 and make sure that you get return parameters instead of getting any screen popups.

Then try it as a RFC call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello 1st check the data base table in os level and in r/3 level the problem solved ok enjoy