Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new fields to VA01 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added the new field to VBAK using Append Structure.

I have included the new field to screen 8309 of SAPMV45A and activated it.

But in the VA01 transaction I am not able to view the field anywhere.

where is the screen 8309 called in the va01 transaction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member205703
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

To see the fields you have added , you will have to goto tab Additional data B which is in header data section.

For this execute transaction VA01 by giving selection screen parameters , then in menu follow this path Goto->Header->Additional Functions->Additional Data B

Regard's

Amol Deshmukh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you create your screen use directly the std structure VBAK and VBAP to design the input/output fields.

So for example if you have added the field ZZFIELD in VBAK, insert it in 8309.

In this way the standard program VA01'll automatically store your data in your fields.

So you don't need to write some code to store it, but only (if it needs) some code for validations in the screen flow.

Regards

0 Kudos

I have used std structure of VBAK to design the input/output fields in screen 8309.

I have activated it also.

my question where do I view it in the VA01 transaction

former_member205703
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

To see the fields you have added , you will have to goto tab Additional data B which is in header data section.

For this execute transaction VA01 by giving selection screen parameters , then in menu follow this path Goto->Header->Additional Functions->Additional Data B

Regard's

Amol Deshmukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

0 Kudos

Hello meera,

I am facing a similar requirement that is to add a custom field that was appended to table VBEP to screen 4500 (scheduling lines)

Would you be so kind to help me create this custom field in the screen and linking in to table VBEP?

Your help is greatly appreciated.