cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when modifying the jar file of a portal component

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the umelogonbase.jar from the com.sap.portal.runtime.logon component, extract it with winzip, do not make any changes to the source code, then re-create the jar file and add it back to the component. Now, when I deploy the component to the Portal I get the following error:

"Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

com/sap/security/core/logonadmin/IAccessToLogic.

Exception id: 10:30_08/08/07_0012_15067450

See the details for the exception ID in the log file"

any idea what I am doing wrong here?

I am doing this because I need to change the texts in the umelogonbase.jar, so this is the first step to see that the component still runs once I modify the jar file.

Note: I create the jar file by creating a jar-type project in NWDS and then exporting the project as jar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiberiu -

Long time - nor sure if you remember me.

Is your par file running fine, but you just aren't seeing your changes?

At first it seemed like you were missing the jar file after you imported your par to NWDS...

Are you aware of the "bug" that the jar file(s) don't get imported correctly into NWDS when you import a PAR? If not, before you can build your project file you have to extract the jar files fro the par/zip file to the correct place of your project structure.

Sorry if you already know this.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, if portalapp.xaml is working fine then you should go for modification of authschemes.xml, have you done this ??if not then please download this file to your local machine, change the occurence of com.sap.portal.runtime.logon by your project name.Also while creating a new node for this file,make sure that this node should be under com.sap.core.ume.service.

After this fine property sheet of logon.authscheme.definition and apply custom your modified authschmes.xml file.

Restart the server..

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you added

com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar jar file to the project.

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

... and the file com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar jar file is added to the project.

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the JSP page mdifications can be seen. The texts changes to the umelogonbase.jar cannot be seen.....

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What exactly have you changed in the umelogonbase.jar file ?

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all for replying.

Eric - of course I remember you.. how is it going?

All I changed in the umelogonbase.jar file were a few labels in the file logonLabels.properties.

My par is running fine now, it's just that the changes to the labels are not reflected when I run the par file. however, if I change the labels directly in the JSP page, those changes are reflected when I run the par file.

I made the required modifcations to the authschemes.xml and I have included the umelogonbase.jar in the par file.

T.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

nice its running..well then close the thread by marking it answered.

Regards,

Ameya

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are doing the right thing..and no need for exe file or what, Look you want to change the logon text right?After extracting umelogonbase.jar file have you made required changes to logonLables_en file??this is the file which is responsible for change of text..i assume you are using NWDS, now once you deployed the par file in NWDS, navigate till portalapps.xml and click on run tab and see your changes are previewing properly,

Now after this Have you done modification in authschemes.xml file??

If you do these changes your problem will be solved totally

Regards,

Ameya

**consider rewards**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya, thanks for your reply.

I checked all the settings, including portalapp.xml and they all look fine. The problem I have is that the portal login component fails when it is using the umelogonbase.jar created by NWDS.

I think the problem is that the jar created by NWDS is not recognized by the portal component at run-time. the process I use to create the jar file is:

- I unzip the original umelogonbase.jar

- I create a NWDS Java project based on the folder contents of the unzipped umelogonbase.jar

- I export the NWDS java project as a jar file

So I think that during this process (unzip, then create a jar file using NWDS) something goes wrong.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look you can have another approach for this

1)convert umelogonbase.jar --> umelogonbase.zip (just change the exrension)

2)Extract all files

3)find logonLables_en file

4)find xtit_welcome = <your text>

5)once done put all files in one folder

6)right click on folder --> winzip --> add to zip file --> new --> specify any name for time being (this will create the zip file)

7)now rename it to umelogonbase.zip

8)change the extension to .jar

9)Put this file to your NWDS project in portal-inf\lib

10)deploy this file as par file

This will solve your problem for sure

Regards,

Ameya

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry deploy your project not only that file..

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya, thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested, but my changes are not picked up. I am testing the Portal login component using the link below

http://sapepd.tor.cbc.ca:50100/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/portalanywhere.go

T.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me is portalapp.xml file (default component) is running and showing the changes properly??If this is working fine then you now need to modify authschemes.xml file.

Please update..

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I launch the portalapp.xml (default component) from NWDS it runs fine but it does not show the changes I made in the logonLabels.properties and logonLabels_en.properties.

Tiberiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you try creating JAR file in the following way and then see if you still get the problem:

1. I hope you already have the umelogonbase.jar extracted in a folder. And you have already done the changes.

2. From command prompt navigate to that folder for example by CD MY_FOLDER\umelogonbase

3. Type the command to create JAR file "<b>jar -cvf umelogonbase.jar .</b>" please dont forget the "." after the command - it tells the system that you want make jar of all the files inside

4. You will get the JAR file created inside the same folder.

5. Copy & Paste the JAR file inside your par files PORTAL-INF\lib folder and export it. Upload in portal and then check.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

where do I get the jar executable from? can't find jar.exe (if this is the right extension) on my computer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the jar executable should be inside your JDK installation folder like C:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin. Do you have the JAVA_HOME variable set in your computer? It should catch the JAR.exe automatically then,

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no jar.exe file on my computer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have JDK installed? If not then please install it by downloading from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html. Install it in your local machine. Then inside the installation folder\bin folder you will find the jar.exe.

Also create the environment parameter named JAVA_HOME and set the value as the installation directory of JDK for example JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13. Also add the following to your Path environment variable

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\lib;

these path names should vary depending upon your actual JDK installation folder name.

Regards,

Shubho