Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy data to external windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

please suggest me how pass data to external window, let explain my senario,

I have two Views, View1 and View2.

1. when i click button on View1 then open View2 on External Window . I done this using url method.

2. I need to pass context values from view1 to view2 (external windows). I don't want to pass values through Querystring, becuase i have to pass nearly 200 fields, all information runtime modification data.

so please help me how to solve this..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh

If both the views are in the same component then have a context node in the component controller and bind nodes in 'View1' and 'View2' to this node.

If both views are in different components you can similarly have binding between some node in component interface controller (of component having 'View2' with isInput Property of the node set to true) with a node in the component controller( of the component having 'View1', a context node in 'View1' in turn bound to this node in component controller).

kk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

thanks for quick reply, when we open new external browser then it creates new external window. all values are initialized

Former Member
0 Kudos

see i am using technic of the this thread , in this thread they suggest to send values through parameters, but my case i need to send lot of values so how to send without Query string

Sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk it

context mapping via Comp Controller will definitely work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi that thred is unsolved thred.

please i am sure one thing when we open new exteral browser then created new instence. so we can't share existing instence context.

both are are two differet instences..

I chek sam without external window its working, when i use external window its not working

Regards

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not want to pass 200 values as URL parameters, you can try this:

Create a String with key and value pairs as follows"

String parameters = "key1="value1"&key2="value2"&key3="value3...

Store this value in the session by using WDScopeUtil.put();

Read the value from the session by using WDScopeUtil.get().

You can check <a href="https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/services/session/api/WDScopeUtil.html">API</a> for reference.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

session method is not recomandble..

so any one can suggest how to share context to external window (not pop window).

please suggest them.

if i am not misteken , its look like portal eventing or xml serilaization way.. but i don't know that two things

please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As stated in thread, please close this thread.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

search it in sdn tutorials and examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow

thank you sunny you send ja311 course..

can you send ja310, 313 courses also..

I give you 6 points to you..

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by ja311 course ?

i am fresher in webdynpro.

i just got it from one user only.

can you please explain me.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you want to pass data from one view to another view you need perform context Mapping (i.e your data must exist in theComponent controller which is global controller) between your view controller of view1 and the component controller and also you need to perform context mapping between your view controller of view2 and the component controller.

Go through the simple application

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fd/ed32a8c9994b4ba4a1645a764814db/content.htm

Hope it helps you

regards

ambicasony