cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Menus in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have just installed the EP in a SOLARIS machine along with KM and TREX, and I'm able to login with the Administrator with superrole and all the roles but I can't get to see the menus under System Administration --> System Configuration, does somebody know why is this?? Thank you.

I promise to return and reward the answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member320195
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

are you using ip address or hostname in browser?

I've got exactly same problem with ip address in portal url, with hostname was everything fine.

Regards

Karel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfecto, that solved the problem!! I used the host name and it worked perfectly... Now, I need to install the Java Role and the PDK do you know some documentation!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Check if these links are helpful

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/ep/p-r/portal development kit 60.6.0 for ep 6.0 sp6 - netweaver 04 stack 04.pdf

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo Lopez,

Whatever exp i have regarding Solaris, Portal & Browser, Solaris is not fully suppoted on Solaris and with some browsers. We have seen horrible portal screens on Solaris.

If others answers does not satisfy you, I would request you to plese check the PAM and see what verison of Solaris/Browser you are using and find out if it works on that browser (which you are using) or not..

Hope this hepls u..let me know if you want more details...

and do not forget to award points..

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of EP6 are you running.?

If you are running EP6 SP9 then login as Administrator.

Were you able to see Iviews?

check whether navigation panel is closed?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveen

PS. Dont forget to reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have EP 6.4 version, no patches

I've logged as Administrator.

Yes, I'm able to see iViews almost all, I can even see the KM Content and Folders.

Navigation panel is open but no menus are there.

Another thing, I have seen many javascript errors in the browser, I thing this is related... Do you have the direct link to the system configuration iView so I can try to see it from other way??

Is it something about pathces?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

What is EP 6.4 Version.? you mean EP6.0 on web AS 6.4.

Usually versions are EP6.0 SP2, EP6.0 SP9(which is called SP9). Current version is EP6.0 SP12.

If you tell me the correct version then I can tell you about the patches. System Configuration is an workset you can find it in Portal Content->Content Provided by SAP >Admin Content>System Admin--> Worksets --> System Admin.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveen

PS. Dont forget to reward points