cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job class of BIREQU job in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I am trying to work out if it is possible within the process chain settings in BW to change the job class to 'A' of the BIREQU jobs that are created in R/3 when data is being extracted into BW. I need to do this so that our BW extraction jobs can run alone on one of our three PRD servers, given that we are only allowing accessing to background processes on that server for class A jobs. Any help on this would be appreciated, I have searched everywhere.

Our BW release is 310 patch level 12.

Many thanks,

Stuart Richards

Halfords UK

stuart.richards@halfords.co.uk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210321
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In your source system, you can modify the function module JOB_OPEN, and specify for all 'BI_REQU*' jobs to be upgraded to class 'A' jobs.

Please note that this is a modification to standard function, hence you need to change/reinsert the changes after each support package or technical upgrades.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

martin_hochrein
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

we are facing the same problem with the job priority on ERP System. During month end closing the job priority must be settled to 'A' to extract data prioritized.

Can you sent me the coding which could be implemented in the function module 'JOB_OPEN'?

Many thanks for that.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Process Chains are available only in BW and not in R/3. So the first case of connecting to R/3 is through a RFC Destination.

InfoPackage triggers a job on SM37 and when this is executed, it creates a job on R/3 under the user ALEREMOTE. Please ensure that ALEREMOTE is under user group "SUPER" and User Type as "SYSTEM". Ensure your job i.e. InfoPackage / Process Chain job on SM37 is under the job class "A". Go to SM37 and search for that job and change the job class to "A".

In the below message you have stated you have 3 R/3 servers. Do you mean APP. Servers or Instance all by themself. If they are App Servers, then why do you think it is a issue?

JobClass is an attribute of the table TBTCO. I don't know if you could change the job class of an active job or not. And whether it has any affect.

JobClass is used to differentiate the priority level of the job. Nothing other than that. usually when the system is bounced back, depending on the job class the jobs are released.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

GPK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Praveen. Our ALEREMOTE connection in SM59 is set up fine. Our process chains in BW are set up to create the SM37 jobs and run them immediately at set times but there appears to be no option anywhere to set the job class to A. The job starts as soon as it is in SM37 (in both BW and R/3), so it is already too late at that stage to change the status of the job - SAP won't let you change the status anyway once the job has started.

We have 2 app servers and 1 central database server in R/3. We want all of our other batch jobs (100s per night) to run on the app servers but the BW extractions to run on the central database server. However, to prevent R/3 from scheduling other batch jobs on the central database server, you can make the background processes of the server accessible only by class A jobs. Therefore, if we force BW to log on to the central server in SM59 and we can make the extraction jobs class A, we have a solution. I just can't get the BW jobs to be class A however!

Any more help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm facing the exact same issue... Anybody got any ideas on how to solve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I see this chat goes way back in 2005, did you ever get an answer, or did you open an OSS note with SAP on the issue.