Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Print FI Documents Automatically

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

The FI documents like transaction FB50,FB70,FB75 usually you would display the document, send it to correspondance and so on.

What I would like to know is it possible to set it up to print automatically. So as soon as you add a FI document it is sent to the printer.

Any suggestions is apprecaited and rewarded.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the transactions:

F.61 - As per Requests

F.63 - Delete Requests

F.62 - Internal Documents

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manojikhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

1) use tcode FBL1N

2) fill vendor details

3) tick in check box in document line which you want to print

4) press Alt+VPR

5) select Internal Document

6) ok

7) press Alt+VPD

document ready to print

former_member581986
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

the transactions listed above by Paul can be used to specify the printouts. Especially INternal documents could be interesting for you. However, this is only one side of the story. Another question is how to trigger the printouts immediately when a document was created.

If the document is created in FI originally, you can use some tools, like business transaction events (transaction FIBF) to implement some ABAP code which would trigger the printing. However, BTE is working for FI docs only, i.e., if the accounting document was created from MM or SD, it won't work. Other methods, like validation and/or substitution are not good enough because you may be able to add own ABAP code but the document number is usually not yet available when those are called. If I understand you correctly, you need the printouts of every doc after they were posted.

What I have done for another client was the following: write small ABAP report which will start transaction F.62 (internal documents). It will select all documents created (BKPF-CPUDT) today or yesterday. After it has been run, document numbers selected and printed are logged in a Z table.

The report is scheduled as a job, it has to be run every hour. So you do not have an immediate printout, it can be 1 hour later. You need to select todays and yesterdays (to avoid conflicts with local server time vs. local time issues hen running around midnight) documents that are NOT yet logged in the log table.

Hope that helps, points welcome

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

This is also interesting for me.

Can you please send me more information about the ABAB program which is developed to start transaction F.62 (internal documents)?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Linda,

I am checking this post and I am very interesting in the applied solution.

Did you develop the program ? Do you have some information I can use ?

Thank you !

Best regards,

Kamel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

I read your proposal regarding the automatic FI document printing (all documents including those come from MM and SD). I am very interesting in your solution.

Did you the opportunity to apply your solution ? If yes, could you give me more information (specifications, specific program, ...) ? So all information I can use to implement this solution.

Thank you !

Best regards,

Kamel