cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Fixed Assets to fair market value due to an aquisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

In compliance with Statement of Financial Accounting Standard No. 141 we must change book value to fair market value, remaining useful lives with a deprecation date staring 06/01/07. The company code in SAP does not change. The past deprecation and values must retained. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Toni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

t-code AS02 will help you to change your remaning useful life, your depreciation start date, and your depreciation method (key) but i dont think you can change your book value. Is that also a part of your question? plz confirm !

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not want to change the book value, but do need to have the first acquisition date to be 06/01/2007 and I do not think you can change that field either.

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in AS02 under origin tab you can enter the acqusition date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have to go in Screen Layout and try to change acquisition date to modifiable mode instead of display mode ( I think default is display mode only). If this doesnt work than try t-code ANSICHT, select the appropriate category and under it select field no. 11 Acquisition data and set it to Mainten. mode and may be than i think you would be able to change the acquisition date. I think you have to give it a try.

Plz assign points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I need to clean up my issue a little. My company has been owned by a holding company for several years. We were recently brought by another company. The new company wants all of our current assets to have a acquisition date as of 06/01/07 and they will also have a new value, but they will still be in the same company code. Our thoughts are to copy/transfer the current assets to new assets and then retire the current ones as of 5/31/07. We have tried to transfer an asset into a newly created asset and this works except for it brings all values with it and we do not want that. We have a audit company that has accessed all our assets and has given them all a new value and life on a spreadsheet. These new values have to be retained in SAP some how, other then manually. Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got one word for you, "Revaluation". Try to find out more info on this forum about revaluations. In the mean time if i find something on it, i will post it here.

plz assign points if helpful.

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Can you please forward any documents or materials on fair market value in AA.

Apprecite your help.

ravir@intelligroup.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really do not know that much about it. The company that acquired us had an accounting firm do a spreadsheet of all assets and they calculated the fair market value that they want us to show.

Have you or anyone else used a transaction type of 896 - Adjustment-revaluation (downward) or 898 - Adjustment-revaluation (upward) and when would you use this transaction.

Thanks,

Toni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you can change your depreciation life in AS02