cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing CRM Mobile Sales for Handheld (MSA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Users,

has anyone implemented SAP CRM Mobile Sales for Handheld? Is it possible to customize the Handheld Application to allow viewing of business partners but not changing them? We only want to allow the change of contact persons. How is the performance of the Application?

Regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MSAHH on CRM Online is now the hottest application.

It will be having the following advanced features.

1. New Framework for modification concept.

2. New Normalized Data Model

3. IBM Db2e as database on HH

4. New Data Filters and customizations

5. Support for large data volumes

6. New functionalities and scenarios.

7. Generated layers with SAP Code Generators.

Note: The new releases will be having such capabilities as u will be having a view xml attached with each screne.

The scenrs will be generated and there is will be a flag to make any field editable or not.

For current version u can remove the update button abd make changes in BPDetalsWebPage.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for that informations. Is this application already released? Can you give me the ecact path where I can get it at http://service.sap.com/swdc ?

Regards

Gregor

peterng
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gregor,

You can try this link to download the MSA HH for CRM:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=LIST&HEADER=&FUNCTIONBAR=...

It has the SP06 and SP08 version for CRM 4.0.

If the above link does work, you try this method:

http://service.sap.com/installations

> Entry by Application Group

> SAP Solutions for Mobile Business

> SAP MSA FOR HH WITH CRM

> SAP MSA 4.0 FOR HH WITH CRM

> Installation

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Peter

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I've found the Download and was able to install the application on my test Mobile Engine Client. But now I'm starting to customize the solution as described in the Scenario Configuration Guide for MSA HH using mySAP CRM 4.0.

But I never worked with Partner Product Ranges (PPR). My requirement is to sync all Business Partners and their contact persons to a user which match a defined Sales group. Can I create a PPR which matches this requirement? Are there some step by step expamle guides for PPR?

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anubhav,

thanks for your reply. Can you answer my question about ?

Have you setup MSAHH? How did you set up the Partner Product Ranges?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter ,

We also want to implement MS0 1.0 in our company.We installed WAS ABAP+JAVA addin on server as MI server and MI client on laptop.According to MSO 1.0 configuration document we have to deploy file named with the extension .sca.But we can not find this file on service.sap.com.If you help us we will appreciate to you...It is very urgent.

Best Regards..

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you want to install MSA or MSO. That rearly makes a difference. MSA is a solution for Handhelds which can be used offline. MSO is a solution for Blackberry and only works online. The .sca file must be uploaded to the WebAS Java via SDM. Can be found at your Server in [installationDrive]:\usr\sap\[InstanceName]\JC00\SDM\program.

I've installed, customized and tested MSO but the response Time on our Blackberry where at least 10 seconds which is unaceptable. Can you please inform me about your findings.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to use MSO but as a device we want to use Pocket PC or laptop. Isn't it possible?

By the way we want to find the *sca file for deploying.

Thanks in advance,

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nevra,

because you want to use MSO I suggest that you open a new toppic here in the Mobile Infrastructure forum to discuss this toppic. But also here answers to your Questions:

1. You can use MSO for Pocket PC and Laptop. But they must have an online connection to the J2EE server where the Application runs and the Interface is optimized for Blackberry.

2. Does your second question means: Where can we find the SCA file for deploying?

But please open a new toppic to discuss your questions.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok,could you please answer second question?

where can we find the .sca file for deploying?Can you please send us the sca file with mail.Because we have a demo tomorrow and we can not find .sca file in service.sap.com .It is very urgent

E-Mail : airsubmit@yahoo.com

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nevra,

when you have the correct license you should be able to find it at: http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Search for Installations and Upgrades -> MSON. But if you can't get it you can send a post again.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can see the file but it is impossiple to dowload the file because of license problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,we deploy the sca file succesfully.But we can not see the sap.com/mbacom.sap.mbs.mso.mso_config_db (Dictionary) and sap.com/mbacom.sap.mbs.mso.mso_config on deployed components on j2ee.I will send a screenshot of what we see to your mail adress.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please open a new toppic i this forum and I will answer your question.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have just published the Solution as a Weblog:

<a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2005/10/09/setup-product-partner-ranges-ppr-for-mobile-sales-for-handheld-mso-hh">CRM: Setup Product Partner Ranges (PPR) for Mobile Sales for Handheld (MSO HH)</a>.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolf,

Let me be diplomatic in that. There is no reason why it should not work with Netweaver 04 release with new MI client and server, but till its done u never know...-)

"SAP Is Trying its best"

warm regards

Anubhav Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes there is a senario configuration guide which clearly explains how to do PPR sttings for BP and products, it has been modified for MSAHH5.0 but is also applicable to MSAHH4.0. please follow the following link.

Http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Solutions for Mobile Business -> Mobile Sales for Handheld (with CRM) ->MSA HH 5.0 (with CRM 4.0, SP 09)

It will definetely help

Warm regards

Anubhav Bhatia

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav Bhatia,

thank you very mutch for this Update. But that is rearly hot software. The release DAte was September, 5. 2005. Now the Platform, according to the Product Availability Matrix http://service.sap.com/pam seems to be the: SAP NETWEAVER 04 ( MI Client ); SAP NETWEAVER 2004S ( Mobile Infrastructure (MI) ). But is also NetWeaver 04 MI Server supported?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor:

I am starting to work with MSA and I require to download BP to my HH, I think I need to customize PPR correctly to be able to download information to the PDA, have you been able to do this? I read on this topic you where asking this question also, do you have some information (Documentation or examples) that can be useful for me to understand how to configure the PPRs on my system?

Thanks

Hugo

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hugo,

I have exactly this problem that the Documentation in the Implementation Guide is not going into the needed details. Hope I will get informations on this Toppic from a contact I got a TachEd in Vienna. Will keep you up to date when I got it.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor:

I will continue looking for a solution if I get something I will keep you posted, please if you have any new I will appreciate if you can shared with me.

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to Contact SAP labs for any Information regarding new release and db2e lisence.

All i can tell u is that the application is ready to make a wave.

regards

Anubhav