cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MESSAGE_TYPE_X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on BW 30B, running on WIN2K with SQL 8.

Recently, we have done a database copy in the BW system.

We copied the BW PRD to BW QA and both of them are connected to R/3 PRD.

We are now having a problem of MESSAGE_TYPE_X which occurs in different actions, such as activation of ODS requests, updating info-provider using ODS, trying to enter info-package.

In transaction ST22, we get the following errors regarding the MESSAGE_TYPE_X:

"MESSAGE_TYPE_X" C

"SAPLRSS1" or "LRSS1F11"

"RSM1_CHECK_FOR_DELTAUPD"

-

"MESSAGE_TYPE_X" C

"SAPLRSSM" or "LRSSMU36"

"RSSM_OLTPSOURCE_SELECTIONS"

-

"MESSAGE_TYPE_X" C

"SAPLRSS1" or "LRSS1F11"

"RSM1_CHECK_FOR_DELTAUPD"

Any ideas someone?

Thanks,

Hagit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check OSS note 852443 for error "RSSM_OLTPSOURCE_SELECTIONS" .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

We already read this note and tryed to restore the source system and the BW system.

None of this helped.

More ideas?

Thanks,

Hagit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then are facing this problem with Delta upload?

If yes then check out tables ROOSPRMSC in Source system and table RSSDLINIT in BW for any inconsistency(chk out for time stamps).

And you may have to run the progarm RSSM_OLTP_INIT_DELTA_UPDATE to carry with successfull delta upload. But this program has to be run only when your records in the table ROOSPRMSC and RSSDLINIT.

Regards,

Rohini

Dont forget to assign points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit,

Have you just read the note mentioned above or tried to implement a solution?

I think the note is rather clear:

Solution

1. The entries for the initialization in the BW system are contained in the RSSDLINIT table for the DataSource/source system combination. Compare these with the entries in the ROOSPRMSC table in the OLTP system.

2. If there are NO entries in the RSSDLINIT table in BW, delete the delta queue for this DataSource/BW application combination in the source system (OLTP) using transaction RSA7.

3. If the RSSDLINIT table in BW already contains entries, check the requests listed there in the RNR column in the monitor (transaction RSRQ). All of these requests must be old init requests that appear in red and that you want to replace with new inits. If this is the case, delete the delta queue for this DataSource/BW application combination again in the source system (OLTP) using transaction RSA7.

You can then open the InfoPackage again. Check there that there are no more entries in the 'Scheduler'/'Initialization options for source system' menu. If you do find some entries, delete them.

You can then start a new initialization.

If, despite the first incorrect init, you want to be able to create a second init with overlapping selections, which means that this dump will then occur, enter a detailed description of your procedure in a customer message and send it to Development. SAP has never been able to reproduce this behavior, therefore, you will need to carry out a great amount of testing and have the option to debug in your system.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eugene,

We already checked these tables and transaction RSRQ, but the situation in our case is not as discribed in the note.

All the records in both tables are identical, and all the requests statuses are green and not red.

What will happens if I will delete these init. requests?

Wouldn't all the delata records disappear?

Thanks,

Hagit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit,

Please look at the following notes:

#405943 - "Calling an InfoPackage in BW causes short dump" and

#419923 - "SDL: Deleting Init requests from scheduler administration".

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hagit,

Did you check the time stamps in both the tables. Different time stamps can be cause of an issue.

Because in my case one of the data source had different time stamps and there was 1 data source missing in the BW table. So i could solve this by deleteing the data source in RSA7. And then i was able to do load.

Regards,

Rohini

Don't forget to assign points to the reply to your satisfaction. Because that is the way of saying thanks here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini and Eugene,

Thank's for the replies.

We have already checked the tables, but in our case it is not relevent because all of the init. requests are green and not red as described in the note.

Becase of the system copy the table is identical to the table in BW PRD.

The RNR in R/3 PRD and RNR in BW QA are different, but the RNR in BW QA and RNR in BW PRD are the same.

This is probably the cause for this error.

One thing that is not clear from the note, if I delete the init. request (as suggested) I lose all the delta records (which can be seen in TA RSA7 in R/3).

Thanks,

Hagit.

Message was edited by: hagit peretz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hagit,

So here is the root cause of your problem.

<i>The RNR in R/3 PRD and RNR in BW QA <b>are different</b>, but the RNR in BW QA and RNR in BW PRD are the same.</i>

RNR should be same in R/3 PRD and RNR BW QA for successfull load.

Is you RNR in R/3 PRD and RNR BW PRD same?

Also there is no point in compairing RNR in BW QA and PRD.

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit

Even we had the similar problem after system copy.

Can you mention what all steps did you perform the system copy, then properly i can tell you whta you have to do.

And do you want to conttinue with BW QA also pointing to R/3 PRD?

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

The steps we've made, in general, are:

1. copy the database

2. client copy to the original client

3. run TA DBLSS

4. we run FM RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT in the source system

5. we run FM RSAP_BIW_CONNECT in the source system

6. we checked the connection in WE20/30 in both systems

Now we are facing that error.

Thanks,

Hagit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you restore your source system in BW.

restore is important

RSA1 -> Source system -> Right click -> Restore

Note Before restoring check if BW system is connected to right R/3 system. You can check this in table RSBASIDOC for the field LOGSYS.

Rohini

Message was edited by: Rohini Garg