cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 when loading flat file in BW 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The flat file structure is same as the transfer structure. Its a csv file and i also checked about the delimiters and stuff.The flat is not open and it is closed while i am loading it. The same file gets loaded if i try in another laptop with my id.If i use my colleague's id on my system also...it doest work...so, the basic problem is with my laptop. I know its nor related to type of data or transfer structure. Its some settings on my laptop which got changed automatically. If i install some other softwares like mozilla firefox or yahoo msg-will that create a problem? I am not at all understanding why its like this. Please help.The error msgs i get when i try to load the flat file -

Error 1 when loading external data

Diagnosis

Error number 1 occurred when loading external data:

1. Error when reading the file (access rights, file name, ...)

2. File size or number of records does not correspond to the data in the control file

3. Error when generating the IDoc

4. File contains invalid data (errors with an arithmetic operation or data conversion)

Procedure

Check whether you have the required access rights and whether the data in the control file is correct (file names, record length, number of records, ...). Correct the data in the control file if necessary and check the data file for invalid data (values of the wrong type, values in the wrong format for conversion exit,...). Check whether the file has headers that have not been specified.

Error when opening the data file C:\vikki1.csv (origin C)

Message no.

Diagnosis

File C:\ vikki1.csv (origin C) could not be opened.

Origin:

A : Application server

C : Client workstation

Procedure

Check whether the file entered exists and is not been used by other applications.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

first all check that flat file which u have created is is being save in ur client workstation

if no then consult your basis person save it in the client work station moreover if this is not the problem then

check wheather you had closed ur ecxl sheet

regards

gurkiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The file is closed while i am loading it and I tried to load with a ID which has all access rights. Pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikki,

I am also facing the same issue. Can you please let me know how you rectified your issue.

Thanks.

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikki,

for BI 7.0 system please check the below properties. and try place CSV file on desk top and give that path,

and also check the CSV file Data Separator "," and Escape sign ";" and Header rows to be ignored. and Adapter "Load text-type file from Workstation".

Regards

Daya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you open the file and trying to load the same close you file on desktop and try to view the preview and load the same.

Regards

Sankar

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check if the permissions for the file are proper on the app server if you are using an app server and see if authorizations for the same exist - If you are loading for the first time - it could also be an authorization issue - try to load the file with an ID that has SAP_ALL access.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Vikki,

Error 1 means your flat file is open while uploading the data..

your flat file should be closed while uploading data in BW.

that is why it is saying "Error when opening the file..".

first close that file n then upload..it will work.

rest of the things are ok!..

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

khyati.