cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Couting Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus.....

I am having an issue........at the time when we went live......we did not loaded the last count dates for all the materials.......we are maintaining ABC codes for the materials.

So, Now my client wants to have all the no of counts till date to the no of counts should have been performed based on ABC indicators.But the issue is as we do not have any last count date in the system it is showing most of the materials as due for counting where as some of them have been counted in legacy system.

Is there any transaction or way to find out how many physical counts have been performed over a certain period of time?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Mittu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mittu,

If you are using Inventory management:

MI22/MI23 is the transactions to meet your requirement to know the material counts

If you are using Warehouse management:

LX22 is the transaction to know the inventory for particular date

If you want have last inventory date, then directly you can upload in the database table (We did in WM implementation project).

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arif:

We are using WM and with MI23 we can get all the physical inventory data for a given material(s) but my business need is a little different.....they don't want to upload the count date directly in to table......but for reporting purpose they want to know whether they are following the physical inventory process or not.....as there is no standard report they want to have a report in BW ....... So, I would want to know if there is anyway by which we can show that what are the materials which are really overdue........as of now everything is showing as overdue.

Thank you Arif for your reply.........I know my requirement is Little complex but please suggest me a way.

Regards

Mittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mittu,

This is not new or different requirement. We also had the same kind of problem in my previous project. When you are initially upload the inventory data in WM then this is common issue that every material will show due on the particular day.

To avoid this mass physical inventory, we have uploaded the last inventory date from the our previous system directly to the quant table and made small correction in LICC program to consider the last inventory date when calculating the inventory due date. I can provide some more details in case if you want to plan to upload last inventory date.

Second thing regarding report, how the BW system will give report if you dont have inventory detail history in SAP? Do you have saperate data bank for the same?

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arif...

Thank you for your response.

Ideally we cant report as we dont have any date data in the system......so they want me to come up with a logic how e gonna do it......I am not a BW person but I should give all the inputs from MM/WM perspective.

I would suggest them the solution you have given......Could please send me the related doc's(if possible FS) tomy email ID- raghu_sapmm@yahoo.com,

I really appreciate your contribution to SDN users.

Thank you

Mittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mittu,

Even in BW also you need to have data for inventory count. If you have then definately you can builtup the logic to get reports.

For the second question: Here is the program file link, take the help from developer to understand the program. It updates the Last inventory date in the quant data table LQUA.

http://fainaz.googlepages.com/LQUA.txt

You also need to modify the LICC transaction to consider the last updated inventory date.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arif,

Thank you for your response.......per your suggestion i can update the database table but in my company which is pharma industry.........i can upload transactional data in production.... is there any other way where we can build the logic to get the data.......

Anyways I really appreciate your contribution for SDN community......

Regards

Mittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mittu,

If you have last inventory date from your previous system then there is nothing wrong in uploading that last inventory date. It will be consider as legal untill you have that legacy data (this will work in same way as you have G/L account balance, or stock balance).

Other way for building up the logic, you need to create one z table to upload this inventory data and then you can refer that table, but as per my personal openion, it is much more easier to upload data in quant table becuase it is integrated with your program and database table.

btw, do you think about any other way?

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arif:

I would propose uploading data in to quant table and see how it goes.

I am trying hard but i couldn't get to build any logic to capture the date.

Anyways I will keep you posted if i could get some solution.

I have awarded full points for your suggestion's.

Regards

Mittu

Answers (0)