cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XK05-Blocking

Former Member

Hi all,

I would like to know if i block a vendor in xk05.What all will be disallowed?

New creation of PO for the blocked

Changes in the existing PO(like changing the delivery date)

Also pl tell me whether there are any config settings ?

I am not an MM consultant. Guess this is a basic question

Thanks in advance

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

T Code: XK05 is the central vandor master data code.If you block the vendor with this , the vendor will be blocked centrally means all the trasactions will be blocked.Purchasing,Payments etc.

In this There are there different options available.If you check Posting block All Company codea, then this vendor will be blocked for all postings for all company codes ( Purchasing, Accounting all postings)

If you check Purchasing block for All Purchasing organizations, then all procurement functions will be blocked for the vendors.If you want to block pericular Pur Org then use MK05.

Apart from above two , there is a option Block for Quality reasons: Key that determines which procurement functions (for example, request for quotation, purchase order or goods receipt) should be blocked for quality reasons

<i>A block for quality reasons applies only to those materials for which QM in procurement is active</i>

Regards

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mr Ramakrishna,

My query is if i block a vendor in XK05 can he change the enteries like delivery date etc in the existing PO.

Thanks

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blocking the vendor for purchasing and posting will not prevent changing the existing POs and changing the delivery date .However it will not allow posting of invoice and other FI entries and further creation of any Purchasing document against the vendor.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can make changes to existing Purchase orders.You can't create New POs

Regards

Ramakrishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

There is no config settings for this. Just block the vendor thats all. From the blocked date onwards SAP do not allow this vendor for any business.

regards,