cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to log on to portal - nothing happens

aleksey_zvyagin
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I try to log on to portal or ume I input my login and password and nothing happens.

When I try to log to portal using different logins a message appears - Authentication failed. User is already authenticated as a different user.

Has anybody an idea which logs to see or what to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aleksey_zvyagin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses, but I have already solve my problem. There were problems with permissions. Some services showed 'Forbidden'. With getting resolve permission problem my problem with login was solved too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey, I am having the same problem. Can you let me know which services you had problems with? where did you assign permissions to services? Visual Admin tool? Visual Config?

Thanks,

Tiberiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once we ere getting this problem. Because of some settings log files were generating automatically and the folder size was incresing continuously. The result happened, there was no space left in the drive. If you are also facing the same problem.

Regards,

pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look at note 791649, please let me know if it helps, if you in the visual admin gets a java error, then please let me know if you have found a solution, because I am having the same problem.

aleksey_zvyagin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to use SAP* several times, but I did not lead to positive result, I meand than when I submit SAP* and password I see logon screen again. I think the authorization process is successful, because when I use wrong password I get a message: "not authorized". I deleted TicketView, but it did not solve my problem.

I can login to Visual administrator with J2EE_ADMIN.

Any ideas?

nitinmehra
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey

When you supply user credentials to the portal, the J2EE creates a cookie for that user-id through which the user logs on to the portal. It seems like the cookie is not being generated due to some reasons and you are re-directed to the logon screen again.

Kindly check if the portal URL meets the cookie specifications :

SAP Note : 654982

URL requirements due to Internet standards

If this is not the case, kindly attach the error from default Trace file after reproducing the issue.

Regards,

Nitin Mehra

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you accessing portal for first time after installation? well if nothing id working then you can login using Emergency user i.e. SAP*, for this go to config tool -->

find property sheet of com.sap.security.core.ume.service --> find ume.superadmin.activated = make it TRUE and give password,

restart j2ee engine.

now go to portal,

login id : SAP*

pwd : password

just logon using this and assign appropreate roles to your user.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya