cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA implementation in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing solution manager here for the first time. I see other postings of using Central User Administration(CUA) in Solution Manager.

The questions I have are:

1. Is Solution Manager just another R/3 instance?

2. Can you setup CUA in Solution Manager and centrally manage all R/3, BW and APO users/instances from Solution Manager?

3. Are there any special considerations for setting up CUA in Solution Manager as opposed to a QA instance of R/3?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

1. Is Solution Manager just another R/3 instance?

Its an another NW04s installation.

2. Can you setup CUA in Solution Manager and centrally manage all R/3, BW and APO users/instances from Solution Manager?

SAP recommends configuring CUA in Solution Manager . Then you can add all your system to this CUA and manage users and roles from there.

3. Are there any special considerations for setting up CUA in Solution Manager as opposed to a QA instance of R/3?

Better to create a new client in Solman and configure CUA there. I would say QA system is not an idle system for configuring CUA , as you will refresh QA system periodically from Production which will delete your CUA configuration. QA is not considered to be available all the time

Thanks

Prince Jose