cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI administration tasks for BASIS administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on ECC 5.0 (BASIS) administration in a medium sized environment for under a year. I might have to accept to work on BI/BW support assignment project with out any training, and I have been handed a BW 360 training material. I did go through fourms to get general knowledge about what I might be doing, did gone through elearning on SAP website and some PDFs, and what I understood is main tasks will be performance management and conceptual difference between clients in BI/BW to other applications and some transport management.

It might be a million dollar question if I ask fine line between BW Administrator and BW consultant responsibility with respect to performance management tasks. It will be helpful, if somebody can suggest and write few lines in this respect and also which are the areas I should be referring to in BW 360 document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yadu

For a Basis administrator in a BI environment a lot of the tasks are the same.

However, the term BW Administrator can be confusing. This is a term for a user who administers the Administration Workbench which is essentially a tool to manage the development of BW objects such as cubes etc. This administrator is normally and experience SAP BW consultant as there is a lot of configuration work such as source systems etc that needs to be done.

With regards to the Administrator Workbench it will be useful for you to learn the basics of this as from time to time you will need to work in this area...if possible get a copy of BW310 course notes as this would be helpful

Regards

David Taylor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for much meaningful reply. very pleased.

Answers (0)