cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qm in procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the significance of the block incative indicator in the QM control key in the config settings in QM for procurement.Will It

1.allow changes in the existing PO for the blocked vendor.

2.Or will it allow new PO creation for vendors blocked in XK05.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you block a particular vendor in Quality Info Record, the vendor is blocked for the particular material for which Q.I. record is maintained. The vendor can still supply other materials. But if you block the vendor in XK05, the vendor is blocked for all materials. You can control vendor block e.g. blcoked only for PO of blocked for all activities.

Hope this fulfills the query.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prasanth,

If the material is not Quality relevant,then the existing PO can be changed,but if the material is with QM active in procurement then it does not allow changes in existing PO if there is a block in XK05.What is the functionality of quality block

Note there is no Q-info record maintained for this.

I am not an MM consultant and your valuable views are welcome!

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

The option of blocking the vendor are same as in XK05 & those in quality. The differentiation is based on quthorities of transaction. Wheresas authorisation of XK05 may be with Purchase department, the authority of blocking / unblocking vendor from quality lies with QM department only. If the vendor is blocked by QM department & purchase department tries to raise PO on vendor, system throws error that 'Vendor is blocked due to Quality reasons'. Though your material is not active for quality, then also QM department can maintain Quality Info record for vendor & material combination & blcok the vendor.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

with this indicator, you deactivate a block in the vendor master or in the quality info record that has been set for qaulity reasons.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

That is already avaialable in the help for that help,My question is still unanswered.

Does this field work in conjunction with the block in XK05.

Finer details plz.