cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No shared library found for the database - DB Connect MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to establish a new source system in BW 3.1 SP13 with MS SQL server 2000 using DB Connect. We did follow all prerequisites of current DB CONNECT SAP documentation "Transferring Data with DB connect rel 3.0b.

We used transaction RSA1, source system, create, we select Database system (Data and Metadata Using SAP DB Connect) option.

At next screen we entered following parameters:

Logical system name: MSSQL01 (No logical system is yet define in SM59) for this system.

Source system name: MS SQL 01

At next screen:

DBMS= MSS,

User name = SA (Default MS SQL user defined)

DB password: appropriate password

Conn. info = MSSQL_SERVER=xx.xx.xx.xx MSSQL_DBNAME=Master

(This is based on SAP documentation)

Permanent = X

We saved and at the time that we exit the transaction we received an error saying No shared library found for the database ID SQL. (Error message BYG).

Our investigation proved that no ping activities occured on our MS SQL server (IP sniffer proved that)

Does anybody know how to fix this error.

OSS has nothing related to that error.

Prerequisites like DBSL (database Shared library component DLLs files) and DB client seems correct.

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have my BI system in HP-UX + Oracle and we want to use DB Connect for a MSSQL? Is it possible?

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

DBSL checked at last level.

I want create a connection ODBC with DBCONNECT in rsa1 transaction but i got this error:

RSA1 BY G No shared library found for the database with ID AS400

help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I add a windows-based app server to a set of existing unix app servers that currently support my bw system? Is there any documentation of the challenges with doing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Is the Solution that you have given relevant to all the Operating System. I am also getting the same message as MARC is getting. My SAP BW is on the AIX System and the MSSQL is on windows. Will the dbmssslib.dll be supported on the AIX based system. If yes how can i load the file. If this solution does not work is there any work around.

Thanks n Regards,

Amit Nema

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you have a unix(AIX) based BW system, you will need a windows based application server connected to your BW system to be able to DB Connect to SQL Server.

If you do not want to attach a windows application server, consider the SAP BW 3.5 UDC feature.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

the shred library is available for download in the patches area of the oss.

to check wether the lib is installed yet, go to

/usr/sap/[instance name]/SYS/exe/run.

search for a file like dbmssslib.dll!

Important:

for db connect you need a sql server user with a different name (like bwremote).

all object-names (tables,views,fields) in the sql-server must be uppercase and belong to the user used to access the data (like bwremote.MYEXPORTVIEW )

cheers,

Michael Moser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Moser,

I am upto connecting an SAP Max DB database as a secondary database to my Oracle based 4.6b system running on Windows 2k Server.

Max db version is 7.6

In tcode DBCO I have configured parameters with ADA as DBMS, suitable username password(password in uppercase), and connection info are all set up correctly. However, I keep getting DBIF_DSQL2_CONNECTERR short dump.

SM21 log has an entry "No Shared library found for database with ID MAXDB"

I can see dbadaslib.dll in the directory c:\usr\sap\C11\SYS\exe\run. My system name is C11.

In tcode RZ11, I can see the following profile parameter values for DIR_LIBRARY.

Short description(Engl) : missing

Appl. area : General system

ParameterTyp : Directory must exist

Changes allowed : Change permitted

Valid for oper. system : All operating systems

DynamicallySwitchable :

Same on all servers :

Dflt value : C:\usr\sap\C11\SYS\exe\run

ProfileVal : C:\usr\sap\C11\SYS\exe\run

Current value : C:\usr\sap\C11\SYS\exe\run

Can someone point me to resolving my problem of establishing a secondary connection.

thanks heaps in advance for any pointers.

Cheers,

Sree Gopalan