cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP and Java stacks installed on same machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

(branched from thread Sneak Preview Update: ABAP Edition Just Released!!)

Points, points, points ))

downloaded and installed it this weekend; worked like a charm.

After the installation of the ABAP stack I installed the JAVA Stack on the same system too. Everything fine. On a 1.4kg subnotebook(1.7GHz; 1,5 GB RAM, XP Prof. SP2) ) That's cool.

As if it weren't enough to do sap development during my regular job, I can now play around and testdrive things at home or in my favourite coffee house for fun.

Since installing both Stacks worked well enough and I don't seem to need the combi-version, I wonder if it were possible to release a sneak prev of XI, which I could add to my landscape. Kathleen?

regards,

anton

Message was edited by: Kathleen Meyers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

that's a very good news!

Few questions I have:

- is there any special steps that we need to take to do that?

- Does the order (ABAP, then JAVA) matter?

thanks in advance.

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you should install Java first.

Because the current java installer has less options.

Anyway there is currently no Sneak Version as "Java-Addin" available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ferry,

no very special steps to take care of. the way it worked for me:

0) set the paging size of your system to auto or something like 3GB and up (be sure to have enough space on your c:-drive; my running system needs about 2.7 GB virtual RAM with no sapgui or developer studio running!)

1) get the correct java sdk 1.2.4_08, set the environment variable JAVA_HOME and to be sure put the .../bin to your path-variable.

2) remove any old installation (completely! including registry)

3) un-rar the downloaded archives

4) install the abap-stack; choose a short and blank-less base installation path (i chose d:\ for everything); follow the reccomendations in the installation instruction

5) get yourself entertained for about an hour or watch the logging if you're that curious )

6) if everything went well, you find a MMC(M$ Mgmt. Console) on your desktop, open it, right click NSP and start it & wait till its showing green

7) find yourself a sapgui, connect to the box and voila -part I done

😎 install the java-stack (i tried the whole thing twice, once with the abap system running while installation and once with the abap system down; it doesn't seem to matter but i think you should close the MMC at least since the installer modifies it)

9) see 4)

10) get youself entertained a little more than 1 hour or see 11)

11) unless you don't have a machine with several gigs of ram find yourself a second box and install sapgui and NW Developer Studio on it; in the Developer Studio go to preferences and set your Netweaver system under J2EE Engine

12) if the installation of the java-stack is through and sucessful, go tho the MMC and find the new entries for the java-systems; one instance is started automatically, you have to start the second one manually.

13) wait quiet some time until it's started (I wonder why this takes up to 20 mins, anyone an idea?)

14) get a browser and go to http://yourserver:50200 and find the Application-Server-Homepage; notice: 50200!; since you had installed your abap-stack before instance numbers are shifted with respect to documented ones

15) find the visual admin, the portal homepage, the SLD administration, and everything else and have fun )

regards,

tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded it succesfully after quite a problem because I am not allowed FTP at office location. Anyway when I start installing it does not ask me for destination and tries to install in D:\ drive. I don't have 😧 drive, so how do I proceed. The error message I get is

ERROR 2005-08-17 16:58:31

FSL-00001 System call failed. Error 267 (The directory name is invalid.

) in execution of system call 'GetTempFileName' with parameter (D:/), line (328) in file (synxcfsmnt.cpp).

Thanks

Regards

Naveen Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're the bomb, Anton! I believe you might be the first person so far who's installed both - or at least the first person to make it known in this forum.

I'm anxious to hear how your tests run on your mini-laptop... )

ABsolutely, you get double points for this post (20pts - will award them after writing this) but why not write a weblog on how you did this, too? We can link to it from here.

Thanks for your contribution!

Regards,

Kathy

ps. still no evaluation version of XI to offer you, I'm afraid. however, I'm told it's coming still...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

I did the other way around (Java, then ABAP). It was not succesful at the first time, then I stopped all the J2E processes (from Services applet + Task Manager), it was working OK.

However in the SAPMMC, I can not see J2E <hostname> 0 anymore. When I start SAPMMC, I got an error message:

"GetProcesslist failed: 80040154".

In the J:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services, I saw this:

sapdp01 3201/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Port

sapdp01s 4701/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Security Port

sapgw01 3301/tcp # SAP System Gateway Port

sapgw01s 4801/tcp # SAP System Gateway Security Port

sapgw00 3300/tcp # SAP System Gateway Port

sapgw00s 4800/tcp # SAP System Gateway Security Port

sapmsJ2E 3601/tcp # SAP System Message Port

sql6 7210/tcp

sapdbni72 7269/tcp

sapmsNSP 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

sapdp00 3200/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Port

sapdp00s 4700/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Security Port

I know that J2E instance 0 is running since I can connect to http://localhost:50000/irj/ (and my CPU utilization was about 100% in about 20 minutes).

Any advise?

Thanks.

D028348
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello Ferry,

I had the same problems whith this installation sequence.

I uninstalled both again and installed first the ABAP-Stack and afterwards the JAVA-Stack. Now everything is visible in SAP MMC!

At first everything was working fine (both: J2EE and ABAP). Now I have the problem, that after starting the NSP instance the message server starts but stops directly again. J2EE is still working fine!

This is what the trace says:

-

trc file: "dev_ms", trc level: 1, release: "640"

-

[Thr 2968] Mon Aug 22 11:59:45 2005

[Thr 2968] systemid 560 (PC with Windows NT)

[Thr 2968] relno 6400

[Thr 2968] patchlevel 0

[Thr 2968] patchno 43

[Thr 2968] intno 20020600

[Thr 2968] pid 5380

[Thr 2968] ***LOG Q01=> MsSInit, MSStart (Msg Server 1 5380) [msxxserv.c 1661]

[Thr 2968] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsNSP' not found: getservbyname_r [ninti.c 494]

[Thr 2968] *** ERROR => MsSCommInit: NiBufListen(sapmsNSP) (rc=NIESERV_UNKNOWN) [msxxserv.c 8770]

[Thr 2968] *** ERROR => MsSInit: MsSCommInit [msxxserv.c 1689]

[Thr 2968] *** ERROR => main: MsSInit [msxxserv.c 5259]

[Thr 2968] ***LOG Q02=> MsSHalt, MSStop (Msg Server 5380) [msxxserv.c 5307]

Anyone any idea?

<b>-->UPDATE:

I solved the problem:

I had to edit C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

somehow the entry for my message server was overwritten!

sapmsNSP 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

<--</b>

Best Regards

Jens

Message was edited by: Jens-Uwe Kurz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ferry,

unfortunately I do not have an idea what might be wrong (since I didn't do it in that order).

One guess though:

If anything works (saplogon to NSP and access to portal) it might just be the case that you had your MMC open while installing the abap stack. The installer tries to update your MMC and either finds it locked or it is being destroyed.

But thats just a guess.

regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

I think that's the case (MMC was open). I think there must be a way, though, to tweak this. MMC is just a general tool. I really hope we can register instances quite easily within it. Could it be documented somewhere?

Jens/Anton,

can you let me know what's your services file looks like? Maybe there are some lines missing.

Thanks for your time.

Warm Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, after reading this post I added

<i>sapmsJ2E 3601/tcp # SAP System Message Port</i>

in

<i>C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services</i> file

and started the J2EE server form my NW Developer studio, now I can access the J2EE server.

Thank you,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed ABAP stack over JAVA edition of Sneak Preview. However, i cannot login via SAP GUI. Noticed message port for J2E has been declared as 3601 and for NSP 3602 on services.

do you guys mean that one of it should have 3600 as allocated message port?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"<i>ps. still no evaluation version of XI to offer you, I'm afraid. however, I'm told it's coming still...</i> "

hey Kathleen,

is there any news about an upcoming XI sneak preview?

Regards,

Okan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> <b>-->UPDATE:

> I solved the problem:

> I had to edit

> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

> somehow the entry for my message server was

> overwritten!

> sapmsNSP 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

> <--</b>

Jens,

Thanks for your update on the problem with the missing service. Somehow, this same thing happened to my services file, and I was only installing the ABAP stack. I added the message server entry back and all is well. Thanks!

-ewH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

I met same the problem with you, did you solve it?

Thanks