cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote function/method call from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we make a call to non-R/3(ASP or JSP or anyother language) system to execute the external system Method/Function.

Thanks & Regards,

Kishore Yerra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

You can use RFC or BAPI for this purpose....

Go through below links...

hope it will help you.

<b>Reward points if it is helpful</b>

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use BAPI's which acts as Remote function modules to make interfacng with non sap systems

Regards

Anji

Message was edited by:

Anji Reddy Vangala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

The requirement is that i have to call ASP or JSP or any other language program methods in SAP programs.

For e:g there are two systems

1. web server containing ASP paqes, this has a method/function called

ADD(F1 F2)

2. SAP program/Function module.

Now the requirement is that i have to call the method/function ADD() (which sap program doesnt know the code inside this method).

To do this what are list of required things that are needed like do i need to import any ASP or JSP libraries or anyother mandatory steps that are required.

Regards,

Kishore Yerra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I have previously worked in an environment where we called a program on an external system. We used a tcp connection setup via sm59 and directly called the function on the external system passing in the parameter values that were required by the function module which we were calling. There was nothing to load on the SAP side.

1. Using sm59, setup the rfc connection.

2. Create an RFC Enbabled function module to call the external function. Note, the external function may have to be broadcast on the system where it resides in order to be called.

thanks,

rene'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Could you please give more technical details of the scenario that you have done, because all iam worried is how does SAP identify external system.

Any document or any other source where i can find more information.

If you feel like sharing it personally, you can even mail it to my email id: bashkishore@yahoo.com

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kishore Yerra