Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit my own program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a Z program on SE37 transaction, but when I go to the source code tab, I can't insert any type of code (I'm on modiy mode and I've developer key), ¿any suggestions?, thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it SE38 transaction? and when you have created the program , have you written any code in the program?

Are you not able to edit the program immediately when u have created the program OR u r not able to edit the program after activating the program?

can you please explain a bit clear?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

26 REPLIES 26

abdulazeez12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to change mode and change whatever u want..

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ito,

May be the object got locked. Go to SM12 and delete the lock on it... OR may be u r not in the CHANGE mode

Reward if helpful,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

after getiing the dev key u need to enable the modification toolbar........after that use the insert, replace,delete...keys to write the code.....

and write u r modification history on the top including the tags...........in ecc 6.0 the system will automatically generates the tag

if u want to insert any code use the 4 function keys on the apllication toolbar

they are

INSERT

REPLACE

DELETE

REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ito ito,

Are you sure you have logged into the correct client?

Regards,

Chester

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it SE38 transaction? and when you have created the program , have you written any code in the program?

Are you not able to edit the program immediately when u have created the program OR u r not able to edit the program after activating the program?

can you please explain a bit clear?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos

Hi, Lakshmi.

It is SE37 transaction. When I created de function, I insert two import parameters and a table for results. I cannot edit the program before or after activating it, I'm on modify mode (I know this because the backgroung is white and on visualization mode the background is blue), I've SAP_ALL role and I've a developer key also.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos

Ito,

Try this:

<b>Go to SM12

Click on LIST

See if ur function module is on the list.

If yes, Click on it and Click on DELETE</b>

Message was edited by:

Karthik Potharaju

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik ,

My function module is on SM12 list, but after deleting the lock, i still cannot write source code.

0 Kudos

After u delete the lock, Go to SE37, Open ur program in change mode / click on CTRL+F1.

BTW, whats the message u r seeing?

0 Kudos

I don't see any message (BTW??), it seems to work normally except that i can't writte any code.

0 Kudos

BTW= By The Way!

<b>

Are you trying on the DEVELOPMENT Client?

Are you entering in CHANGE MODE from SE37?</b>

0 Kudos

Yes, I'm trying on the DEVELOPMENT client and yes, i try to change mode from se37. And if i open directly de function on modify mode, it won't let me writte source code.

0 Kudos

Hi ito ito,

Can you edit other programs/fms in this client?

Regards,

Chester

0 Kudos

Can you check if someone has locked the editor.

SE37=>change mode of FM=>Attributes tab=>Edit lock...

0 Kudos

Hi Cheser,

No I can't edit any other functions. If I create them, I get the same problem and if I try to edit someone else functions, get prompted to insert developers key (I already introduced mine a lot time ago)...

0 Kudos

Hi ito ito,

Check table DEVACCESS with SE16 and see if you still exist in there.

Also check table T000 to check client is open for changes.

Regards,

Chester

0 Kudos

Are the modification assistant buttons on the toolbar (insert, delete, replace)?

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi rob, yes i have assistant buttons on the toolbar

0 Kudos

Chester: I still am at DEVACCESS table. On table T000 wich col tells me if it is open for changes (sorry but i'm new working with SAP).

0 Kudos

Can you place your cursor on a place where you want to start writing your code, and then click on Insert button in the modification assistant ?

I think this program was not developed in the current dev. system, so the reason it is not allowing you to change and it is allowing you to repair this FM.

If you don't want to repair and want to edit, then you need to change the function group's Original system to your system id.

Go to SE03 and select Change Object Directory Entries and execute

then give function group name R3TR-FUGR and execute

then click change object directory and then change original system to your current system id.

Then later it will allow you to edit the function module...

0 Kudos

Hi Manohar, ¡¡¡¡that was it!!!, thx a lot, i'was getting a little bit desesperated about this...thx for all the replys since yesterday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

se37 is t.code to function module not program,

goto se38 and create a program.

0 Kudos

Hi, you are correct, I wan't to create a function module, not a program, is on function module SE37 where i can't writte any code on Source code tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the Edit menu and selection modification operations and in that select Switch off assistant.

Hope this works.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

you cant create a z* report using the se37 tcode ,and there is no such radio button named as Source code,you might be talking about se38.bcz there is a radio button named source code,and if you select that and click on display button it ll display you the source code of that particular report,if the report does not contain anything than it wont display.

thanks

mrutyun^