Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment: access denied for Administrator

achim_pellen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

doing the deployment in NW Developer Studio I get the popup to put in the pw regarding SDM. That is working fine. But at one point there is a check with J2EE Engine. That fails because of bad credentials with user Administrator.

This is doing so since I changed in configtool

the key: admin/password/J2E.

I applied that into the secure store and restarted the J2E-system using SAPMMC.

But that didn't work out.

Here is my log:

19.08.2005 15:17:46 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : P6117447

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/D039454/LOCALS1/Temp/temp1284SalesOrderGetList.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/D039454/LOCALS1/Temp/temp1284SalesOrderGetList.ear

Aborted: development component 'SalesOrderGetList'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.08.19.15.14.31':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [P6117447] with user name: [Administrator] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Access Denied.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Thanks for answering (hopefully)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

Can you please clarify where all did you change the Administrator password.

1. Administrator password changed in UME i.e. using the URL http://<server>:<port>/useradmin

2. Administrator password changed in Config tool also and server restarted.

Regards

Sidharth

achim_pellen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I just changed the adinistrator's pw in configtool, saved that to the secure store and restarted the servers.

I did not change the pw in UME. Trying that now using user administrator and the new pw doesn't work because authentification is failing.

I don't understand why the pw in UME should be changed too. Don't have configtool and UME the same source residing the pw, do they ?

Best regards.

Achim

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

When you change the passwd in the secure store you also need to change the same in UME. So pls login to UME using Administrator and old passwd and then change to new passwd.

Since you have already changed the passwd in cofig tool you just restart the server just to make sure changes are reflected.

The source for UME and secure storage is not the same. When you change the passwd in secure storage it is stored in an encrypted format in the file system.

Hence it needs to be changed in both places.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Message was edited by: Sidharth Deshpande

achim_pellen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

my problem is I don't know the old pw. Is there a standard pw delivered through installation ?

Am I right in saying that my only chance is to install WEB AS again if I don't knowe my pw ?

Thanks.

Achim

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

No please dont re-install. Please go through the following link. It tells you how to activate the emergency user which is sap*.

This user has all the rights. Using this activate/change the passwd of Administrator and then change it also in config tool.

Then deactivate the emergency user. This is also an important step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/89f33eef091f39e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope thsi helps you in getting the problem resolved.

Regards

Sidharth

p.s. As a backup always create one more user which has all the admin authorizations.

Message was edited by: Sidharth Deshpande

achim_pellen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

that was one thing I tried before - activating the emergency user. But I got an error message concerning DB-access.

I did a reinstall last night and now it seems to work.

Thanks a lot for your patient help.

Best regards.

Achim

Answers (0)