cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Installing Sneak Preview Edition SAP Netweaver 2004

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to run the install of either the Database instance or the Central Instance of the Sneak Preview Edition (ABAP), I receive these messages. Can someone tell me what is missing in my setup or configuration? (I am hoping the second message is a result of the first message).

FSL-03001 Error converting from host name=252 to IP addresses. SAPRETURN=12.

MOS-01049 Processing of host operation Content of table: t_HostInfo_SHARED Row[0] HostRole="LOCALHOST" Condition="true" OpMode="getInfo" HostName="value(NEEDED)" HostNameLength="value(NEEDED)" HostAddresses="value(NEEDED)" HostAliases="value(NEEDED)" HostCpuCount="value(NEEDED)" HostPlatform="value(NEEDED)" HostRam="value(NEEDED)" HostSwap="value(NEEDED)" HostCpuFamily="value(NEEDED)" HostOsFaName="value(NEEDED)" HostOsName="value(NEEDED)" HostOsType="value(NEEDED)" failed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the same error message while installing NW2004 on a SLES 10.

i found out that it might belong to the installation master i had on CD.

i downloaded the actual installation master from the marketplace and now the installation is running fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same error if i am getting in Linux boxes How can i solve this issue because i am trying to get but if anybody can help in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERROR 2006-01-17

FSL-03001 Error converting from IP address=192.168.101.171 to hostnames. SAPRETURN-12

ERROR 2006-01-17

MOS-01052 Reverse lookup of address '192.168.101.171' belonging to host 'ldcib03' failed!

ERROR 2006-01-17

FCO-00011 The step DNSCheck with step Key

|NW_ABAP_Prepare|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_FIRST_Steps|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|DNSCheck was executed with status ERROR.

This error i got while i am installing in Linux Box.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may look sittly but did you set the name for your computer.

right click my computer->properties->computer name

and then did you install and configure Loop Back adapter

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm encountering the same error and I know the answer just don't know how to do it ? What are the values that we need to enter in the params:

C:\Winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts enter:

<permanent IP address> <host name> do I copy the line from C: or just provide the values for ip add and host name? if yes is it the ip add i use and the computer or name or something pls be specific with the values part of the qt when answering to gain points.

Thanks for your help in adv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syeda,

The file just provides a mapping between the IP addresses and the computer name. The next time when you use that computer name, the windows looks up to this file in order to obtain the IP address.

There is nothing more you can do in the file other than including the name of the computer and the corresponding IP address. Now when in some program, you give that computer name, the program will try to communicate with that computer after obtaining the IP address

corresponding to that "name" from the hosts file.

Hope I was clear enough.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS SRI,

I resolved the problem on my own... you don't have to pass any value automatically the host file is populated with the ip add and host name in the etc file.

so i checked that part played around with it by googling some of the info and it worked however the installation is not complete. i ran into another snag and that is Maxdb "db offline" msg at phase 11 of installation.

I'll give it a rest and start my installation next week if i encounter more probs i'll let you'all know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problems can you share how you fixed this in detail? -SLES9

ERROR:

ERROR 2006-08-15 18:04:11

MOS-01049 Processing of host operation Content of table: t_HostInfo_SHARED Row[0] HostRole="LOCALHOST" Condition="true" OpMode="getInfo" HostName="value(NEEDED)" HostNameLength="value(NEEDED)" HostAddresses="value(NEEDED)" HostAliases="value(NEEDED)" HostCpuCount="value(NEEDED)" HostPlatform="value(NEEDED)" HostRam="value(NEEDED)" HostSwap="value(NEEDED)" HostCpuFamily="value(NEEDED)" HostOsFaName="value(NEEDED)" HostOsName="value(NEEDED)" HostOsType="value(NEEDED)" failed.