cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Budget Plan Vs Rolling Forecast Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can some one throw light on what exactly the difference makes difference between mere simple Budget Plan Vs Rolling Forecast Plan.

I got this situaion for

1. Cost Center Budget Plan and Cost Center Rolling Forecast Plan

2. Sales Budget Plan and Sales Budget Rolling Forecast Plan.

Iam confused with actual difference it makes. Will this means we need to build 2 Ready-Input Queries?

Can some one explain in detail as these 2 Plans might so many people have done this already.

I need to present Sample Layouts how they looks like to Users ASAP.

Any Sample Layouts if some one have for this can Kindly send me Please. Also any Step by Step Guide/ Doc will be highlyyyyyyyy appreciated.

I have one for building this using SEM-BPS Cost Center Config Doc. But I find this to be lot different from BI-IP. Already I started few things with CC Plan but again All I have done so far is creation of Actuals and Plan Cubes and build one Multi Provider on top of these two.

And to be honest its again Nothing Great I have done all I done is Activated those Standard BC Cubes and copied into ZActual Cube, ZPlan Cube, ZACPL MultiProvider.

Thats it. So please guide me further and help me please. Client is very demanding

I need to do this all in BI -IP and we are in SP13

Pls any quick inputs Kindly..

Thanks,

BI-IP Guest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Cost Center Budget Plan and Cost Center Rolling Forecast Plan:

Budget is done for a financial year. Rolling forecast is done for a specific period, usually dynamically determined. For example a rolling plan of 12 months will mean planing the expenditure from current month to the enxt 11 months and so on.

2. Sales Budget Plan and Sales Budget Rolling Forecast Plan.

Same as above.

Before, you get the designing the layout, first you must get the clear requirements from your users.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A budget plan is made for a fixed period, like fiscal year. Typically this is the first step of the budget process: ones starts with creating a budget plan for the next year.

A rolling forecast has a dynamic time period, which is also updated each period / quarter, ... For example now we are October 2007 and a budget plan is created for 2008. At the end of Q1 2008, a forecast is made taking into account the latest trends of the actuals of Q1 2008. One call it a "year-end forecast" is only 2008 is looked at. If however it is a "rolling" forecast of 1 year, then also Q1 2009 is planned for. By doing so each quarter one can create a year-end forecast as well as a rolling forecast.

-> The lay-outs normally look the same but the time frame is different.

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your kind inputs. I got some some kind of understanding (Much Better than what I know before) after going through your comments.

I can say I am very clear till this point like Budget is some thing Fixed and can not be changed. In other words it will be one version of Rolling Forecast where in you start assigning Budget for 12 Months Period initially to start with.

And Rolling Forecast is some thing of more dyanamic which means it will be kept open for changes. Say for Ex, You had your Budget version in the month of Jan. But by 1st April you want to do further Planning taking into account of your actuals till March 31st frm Jan, then you might change the Values for the Months between April and December.

Agan may be in June you may repeast same and do for rest of the months ie from Jul to December. And in Sep for the last 3 Months taking into account your previous Actuals.

So I dont know whther my understanding is right or wrong or some where close to the right understanding. But Pls gurus I really appreciate if you guys can help me with sending some Sample Lay outs which differentiates thosed both if possible.

And say if am building an Aggregate Level on my Actual and Plan Multiprovider, what should I restrict my Key Figures to get 12 Months or 18 Months Rolling Forecast.

How to do this? Actually I have had a BW team with me. Can I ask them to build a query for me. As I understand that in BI-IP its not much different than buiding a simple query other than that you are buidling Queries on a real time Multiprovciders or Aggregate levels.

Guide me further Pls.

If at all me to build this Lay out I want to know how to mainitain different versions?

2. How to off set 12 Months or 18 Months based on Fiscal Year period?

After I buid this in Bex Query Designer what next I need to do Present Web based layuts to users? what will WAD do again as BI-IP is already taking me to Portals when I execute the Query.

Thanks a lot for your highly valuble time and inputs