cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC J2EE Library used in DC J2EE Web Projekt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar Problem with jars! I hope anybody can help me!

I try the following steps:

1. Created a DC external library and copied the jars in the libraries folder

2. Added the jars as public parts

3. build the DC

4. Created a DC of J2EE external Library and set the Used DC to the "Public part" of external Library

5. Build the DC. And I find the jars in the sda file and in the automatic created provider.xml

6. Deployed the DC to the server (It work!)

Now my Problem starts

7. Created a new "J2EE Web Project"

8. Set the Used DC to my J2EE external Library "defLib Public Part"

9. I wanted to develop some servlets and jar files who need access to the Classes in my jar file!

But the jar File is not available in my Web Projekt!

I'm very confused! What's my fault! Hope anybody can help me!

Thanks in advance.

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which jar is not available in your Web Project, the one(s) from the external library DC or from your J2EE library? You can only use classes/jars if they have been added to the public part of a Used DC... Does your J2EE library DC have any entities in it's public part(s)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your support! That is a good hint!

I've now two public parts in my external Library one with the checkbox "Provides an API for developing/compiling other DC's" and the other for "Can be packaged into other build results" and I allocated both to my "Web Project". Now it works! But is this really necessary to create two public parts in the external Library?

Greetings

Carsten

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I feel you only need to use the first option if you are only using External DC.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Scenario-2+,3 answers and gives guide lines to your problem,if you see the steps till deploying to J2EE engine.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/9c4940d1ba6913e10000000a1550b0/content.htm. (Scenarios)

All java files and compiled class will be achived in to jar, where as web components jsp, servelts will be archived in to war, finally you will create an ear project and put jar and war in to ear buil this ear and deploy to J2EE engine.

<b>in case of web module project till you build your project you will not abel to find war file</b>.

Another solution is you can develop all thses as normal projects instead of Dc's and then migrate them to DC's

see this link which gives you details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/frameset.htm

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

notes to my question:

The similar problem I described is in the topic "Using External Jar's in a Web Dynpro"!