cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to locate which R/3 table-field is mapped to BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Can someone tell me how to locate an R/3 table-field name that is mapped to an infoobject in my transfer structure?

For example, if I had an infoobject called 0SUM_GRS_WT, how would I pinpoint which R/3 table-field name that infoobject was mapped to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ltv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's another way to arrive at VTTK.

Using transaction LBWE, select the extract structure 2LIS_08TRTK and choose Maintain. Table name is suffix of "MCCOMVTTK".

However, the gross wt. field is not in table VTTK. Does anyone know where to look?

Former Member
0 Kudos

itv,

Yes - you are correct - the field is not on VTTK.

I did some further digging and have seen that the field is populated in the extractor as below :

IF NOT xmccomvtrlk-gewei IS INITIAL.

ADD xmccomvtrlk-ntgew TO mc08tr0tk_tab-sum_ntgew.

ADD xmccomvtrlk-btgew TO mc08tr0tk_tab-sum_brgew.

ENDIF.

MCCOMVTRLK is the com structure that the above field BTGEW lives on.

If you can trace how this gets populated it should lead you to the source table.

Regards

Chris

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Chris!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Great approach but there is not a gross weight field in table VTTK. Is there a way to find out exactly where the gross wt. field gets populated?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

ltv,

The table is VTTK.

The way to identify this is to :

1. Get the extractor for the structure from ROOSSOURCE - in this case it is function module MCEX_BW_LO_API.

2. Look at the function module and see how the extract structure is made up - the structure for this is MC08TR0TK - this is defined like table VTTK - you can see this by double clicking the structure and going to its definition. At the top of the definition it has an include Shipment Header: Data From VTTK

Hope this helps,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

chris,

even i tried the same way u suggested on that day but i was not able to find the field sum_brgew in vttk. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can find the Transfer Structure fields with RSTRFIELDSH table.

hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also

Goto LBWE -->maintain Communication Structure

There you will find on the right side the tables used for communication structure ex; MCVTTK , MCVTTP

from their check for the field you are looking at .

Hope it's use to you .

-Gururaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm more interested in knowing the name of the R/3 table rather than the name of the field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the relevant field in r/3 is sum_brgew which is mapped to the infoobj 0sum_grs_wt but i am not able to find the table for it.

Message was edited by: ravi raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, but this still doesn't the question I had. I want to be able to run SE16 against an SAP table (e.g. LIKP, LIPS) to verify that data in R/3 is correctly loaded into BW.

I believe 0SUM_GRS_WT in my transfer rule is populated by either a field from delivery tables "LIKP" or "LIPS" in R/3, but not certain unless I know how to look this up via some transaction, function module, help documentation, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried the suggestions made thus far, but still not able to find the R/3 <b>TABLE</b> associated with the field mapped to BW. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Datasource: 2LIS_08TRTK

InfoOject: 0SUM_GRS_WT

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Go to AWB in BW and then click on InfoSouces>SAP Application Components>SAP R/3 Application Components>Logistic Execution System>Logistic Execution System - Transport>Shipment Header Data(2LIS_08TRTK). Right click this datasource and click Object Overview. It will show you all the InfoObjects mapped to R/3 fields for this DataSource.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sabina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Do you know the link to the help documentation? I was not able to find it at help.sap.com.

Ashish,

I happen to know what the R/3 field name, but really wanting to know from which SAP R/3 table the field is coming.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

In that case looking at your extractor in R/3 would be a better option where the underlying Table/View will be listed..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this,

se11 > rsosfieldmap table. goto this table, punch in ur ds and find which r/3 fields are mapped to which bw objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

For standard business content, you can use another method which is looking at help.sap.com. Type in the name of the DataSource, and sap will provide the infoobject to r/3 table field mapping for you.

Cheers! Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

<i>If your Transfer rules are already existing..</i>

In your transfer rules in the Right hand side window,

The FIELD column has the technical names of the fields of the R/3 data source.

Check the field which the corresponding Info Object has been mapped to in the Transfer rules.

If you are trying to create your transfer rules...

Go to your datasource and right click and do an Object overview..All the fields from R/3 with their technical names and descriptions will be seen..This will help you decide what Info Object to map to which field..

Ashish.

Message was edited by: Ashish Gour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lee,

Check in help documentation Supply Chain Management under - > Logistic Execution System.

Mapping of this key figure 0SUM_GRS_WT.

RC.