cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed ACL of system folder to deny to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have accidentally changed ACL of system folder to deny (access , read, write )for all users. In the documentation its written that we can recover from this using superadmin. but when I am trying to login using superadmin its giving error

<i>Landscape Directory nwdev:50000 User credentials are invalid or user is denied access</i>

please tell me How can I change ACL then.

Thanks & regrads

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dash,

apart from superadmin , you will be havinf CMS admin ID say cmsadm, use this id and change the ACL's, granting the access.

still if you dface the problem let us know

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response. but my CMSadm user also could not acess the ACL (I think this might be as I have set deny to all users for operation read, acess, write )

please tell me what to do

Thanks & regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your superadmin is not working, try useing the same client which you created earlier to login to dtr, otherwise log OSS note.

I faced similar problem but my case cmsadm was not working but superadmin worked.

check thses threads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

fortunately today while trying, I can login to dtr using superadmin. but another error occured. when I am trying to modify ACL of system folder its giving error as

<i>ACL error: ACEs missing</i>.

I have no idea why is it so. how to proceed further. please suggest me what to do.

Thanks & regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

finally I could able to solve the problem after lots of hot and trial.posting this for others having or might face similar problem.

I logged in as superadmin. checked out the acl file under system which holds the ACL for system filder. modified manually taking content refference from other ACL files (imp resource path should not changed it should be /ws/system/) for system folder.

then checked in the activity.

thanks to all

Ashutosh

Answers (0)