cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-Checkout someone elses files

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where one of our developers has left 2 files checked out (exclusively) from our DTR. Is there any way as an admin you can do in and remove that check-out, so that another developer can check out the project for changes?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

From SP12, it is possible for an Admin user to revert an activity of another user using the DTR Web UI. You need to navigate to the activity and select the "Revert this activity" option from the "Quick LInks" combo on the top right corner of the page.

Regards,

Manohar

PS: You can find the activity using the activity search report: http://<host>:<port>/dtr/system-tools/reports/ActivityQuery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar!

If I could I would reward you as much points as maximum!

This helped me to solve my problems while deleting some files from DTR.

Nice job!

Thanks a lot!

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jordan!

I know these tools, but I could not start dtrshell.bat. I tried to make some changes in it and into setvars.bat also and i still had problems starting it. Finally today I found that it is necessary "set CLASS_PATH=" to stay as is - empty and the DTR shell started!!!

Now I have another problem - I can not delete an empty activity neither from DTR plug-in nor from the command prompt shell.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Even I am not able to dtrshell.bat for a long time. Could you share info on how to set the class path.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are my .bat files as I am working with 6.40 system:

1. setvars.bat

@echo off

set DTR_HOME=F:\Documents and Settings\Pit

set CFG_DIR=%DTR_HOME%\.dtr

2. dtrshell.bat

@echo off

call setvars.bat

set CLASS_PATH=

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_vfs.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclient.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclientext.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_commandline.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.xmltoolkit\lib\sapxmltoolkit.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.logging\lib\logging.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.sap.tc.jarm\lib\jARM.jar

set VM_PARAMS=-Xmx256m

java %VM_PARAMS% -classpath %CLASS_PATH% %DEFAULT_PROPERTIES% com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DTRShell %*

And the shell already works

BR

Peter

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Petar,

what do you mean with " I cannot delete an empty activity..."? Do you get an error message, or you are trying to delete an already checked in to the DTR activity?

Can you please clarify?

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

I can not quote the error message I receive because I have no access to DTR now, but its meaning was that the system could not delete the activity <name>. These activities are "open" (not checked in) and there are no files associated with them. And the error message was the same never mind the tool I used - NWDS DTR plugin or command prompt shell.

Regards,

Peter

P.S. This is an example of the error I receive:

>act -a "Free 7" -dn -D

11:49:44.062 DELETE (FAILED: Deleting activity failed:

Free 7 (default_hierarchical_deletion_w_SmartInv_teamr3_2e_com_SMARTINVOICE_dev_inactive_u_petary_t_2007_06_21_11_43_35_GMT_df53df78-c15d-48c6-bbcc-d6ee01c5cc90 ) )

Free 7 (default_hierarchical_deletion_w_SmartInv_teamr3_2e_com_SMARTINVOICE_dev_inactive_u_petary_t_2007_06_21_11_43_35_GMT_df53df78-c15d-48c6-bbcc-d6ee01c5cc90)

Could not delete activity. Deleting activity failed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Checkout exclusively is, that file is locked by that developer for further editing the file only by him. so ask that developer to remove that option,and ask him to checkin with the changes. Now the other developers can access that file.Admin can't uncheckout this file, but you can revert the file back.

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

Problem is the developer is not available, can you tell me more about the revert functionality?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in open activities view,is that activity is still open if it's so, just revert it it previous state, Otherwise till other deveopers ckecks out , edit it and checks in , other developers can't access this file.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I see open activities from other users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see in NWDS, ine side repository broweser, and the other side open activities, closed activities, version graph etc,check open activities is there any open activities still need to be check in if so try to revert it.Use your admin userId and password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I only see my own open/closed activities, nobody elses. Oh well, thanks for your help anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, you can't see others activities until it cheked in. in otherwords you can't edit this file also.

[generally devloper passwords are maintained same for developers,check if it works by using decveloper userID and password].Log OSS note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call the developer on the phone, shout at him asking him what kind of idiot he is and then tell him to surrender his login info... It is REALLY bad practice to leave files checked out when you know you'll be away for some time. Checking out exclusively should actually not be used, except in very special cases.