Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Search Help to Standard Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QAPP table, i want to attach customized Search Help to USERN2 field. So i take access key for that data element but still it's not modifiable mode.

so can you please tell me how to attach search help to that field.

Regards,

Pushkar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto to the table QAPP, goto the entry help/check tab and in that keep the cursor on the field USERN2 and press the search help button below the tab and you can insert the search help only if you have the access key to changes.

Reward if useful.

Thanks,

Muthu.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto to the table QAPP, goto the entry help/check tab and in that keep the cursor on the field USERN2 and press the search help button below the tab and you can insert the search help only if you have the access key to changes.

Reward if useful.

Thanks,

Muthu.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But still problem is not solved. I follow steps mentioned in your answer but after getting search help name it gives the message "Unable to assign search field".

so is there any other procedure.

Regards,

Pushkar.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the search help field data element is same as of field USERN2 (QUSRNUMC3). If not then you cannot able to assign it as a search help.

Thanks,

Muthu.

0 Kudos

If in Entry/Helpcheck tab ders a column Srch help

copy dat..

now in code where u specify parameters/select options

add MATCHCODE and specify wat u copied from srch help column before

Hope dis helps

Reward if helpful