cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ's about JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Share you views on these FAQ's with link to doc which you reffered preferably.

1) What are Mount points and there significance?

2) Why i am unable to login to DTR at other Workstations apart from the one which i am using, even after setting window preference dtr server, creating client? do we need to do some settings?

3)Your corporate developing a Product, it follows the following structure.

Product

Software component, 2 , 3 , 4 , .....

Development Component, 2, ....

Software Component is allocated to team 1, SC to Team 2 etc.

which Scenario best suits this, how do you provide ACL's for each team?

4) In a team there are n number of developers and they checks in checks out certain files, how do system admin knows to activate certain activities only from a heap of closed activities?

5) What's an ISN what is its significance in version?

Thanks in Advance

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI RK,

I'll try to answer the questions I understood.

1) A mount point is a mapping between a folder on the repository (DTR) and a folder on your file system. A mountpoint tells DTR client where to sync (on your local file system) which parts of the repository (DTR).

4)Typically, each developer should activate his/her own activities. The "activation" step basically means that you are ready to make the changes in this activity "public" to all. Yes, even "checkin" makes the changes public, but only to those working with the "inactive" workspace (So people in a small group working together can checkin their individual activities, and after making sure that all their changes work together, they can activiate them so that others outside the group can also make use of these changes).

If the System Admin wants to activate some activities, he can do that by using the user filter in the Activation View - you can set it to see pending activities of all users.

5) ISN represents "Integration Sequence Number", which is a number assigned to an activity when it is integrated (checked-in) into a workspace. It a monotonically increasing sequence of integers, so each activity that is integrated into a workspace gets a number higher than the previous one. (Since it tracks changes at the Workspace level, it is also a representation of a state - or version - of a workspace).

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any Document or Note available specific to Mount points.

Regards,

RK

Message was edited by: Ramakrishna Venkat

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Actually a "Mount Point" is a technical abstraction that a user normally does not have to care about - they are created automatically when you create a "client" or when you import a development configuration.

There is no detailed description available - I could only find this one: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/be/93d93f130f9115e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manohar