cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events in SWO1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to Create the Events in SWO1 and how the code for this is written.

Plz also explain the generation of event as i have seen for many objects that there are no codes then how that event is actually triggered..

Plz reply

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.First u must know for what purpose you r going to trigger the workflow.

2.Then what is the business object to be used.

3.If u want to execute ypur own set of methods u must know to write codings in Macros.Its nothing but similar codings of ABAP thing but a different way.

4.Also check if there in the event list already given what u will have to trigger the workflow.

these are the things u must know for triggering the workflow

thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The reason for this is the event invoking code is found in the calling application. This can be in various ways depending on the module you are working in. In HR the invokation is controlled using entries in T779W and T779X. In other areas you can use change document wizards or exits/BADIs.

You can also invoke the event programmatically using a WAPI such as:

CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT'
       EXPORTING
            OBJECT_TYPE     = 'BUS7026'
            OBJECT_KEY      = L_OBJKEY
            EVENT           = 'CompletedAppraisal'
       IMPORTING
            RETURN_CODE     = l_ret
       TABLES
            INPUT_CONTAINER = GT_CONT.

In this case the event CompletedAppraisal for the Appraisal (BUS7026) object. The contents of the input container are determined by the event parameters.

Regards

Gareth

Message was edited by:

Gareth Ellem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to trigger a workflow when a BOM will be created....But i dint find any business object in the swel after creating the BOM in the cs01 transaction.....

as there is no business object there for the BOM creation and as per my knowledge as without business object can we trigger a workflow . if yes how?/

if there is any need of craeting custom business object then please tell me the steps....................................and also after creationof the busines sobject how to create the event for that....

its very urgent....

thanks in advance

sarmistha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarmistha,

Could you pls restrict your question related to this same topic of BOm business object to your earlier threads - e.g. and not include in other existing threads?

Thanks,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the following document on triggering the events programmatically:

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/EvtsPrg/EvtsPrg.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

In order to create an event, u firstly need to create a subtype of the standard object which u are referring to. There, u can create ur own event.

There are many ways of triggering an event of an object. One easy and flexible way of doing it is to trigger the event manually using a function module when certain conditions are made. u can find the right user exit or badi for ur transaction and trigger the workflow manually using ur new event.

Hope this information gives u some idea.

Thanks and Regards,

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos