cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW tables ROOSOURCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

When I look to the BW tables ROOSOURCE (Table Header for SAP BW OLTP Sources (Relevant From 2.0)) and ROOSPRMS (Control Parameters Per DataSource) that should have entries for every data source used, I cannot find the entries for data source 0CO_OM_OPA_1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Molo,

I think you have to look at R/3 tables to see R/3 datasources...

(Your datasource is available from 4.0B for all Plug-In releases!)

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

thank you very much for the quick response!!! But should i see the datasource on the BW into ROOSOURCE table from SE11 or SE16?

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Molo,

You can use either, but for the one you are looking for, do this in your R/3 sys.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Molo,

ROOSOURCE table content (don't look at its description!) contains all the datasources available on the system (delivered by SAP and/or active).

If you look into your BW you will see, generally speacking, the datasources that have BW as source system (technical content, verification, datamart and so on...).

Now you want to have info about an R/3 (as source system) datasource, dedicated to BW (you are right), but located in R/3 (OLTP system).

So log into your R/3 and check ROOSOURCE there !

SE11 contains all the techincal info (how the table is built) and gives the possibility to see the content of a table (last coloured button or CtrlShiftF10).

SE16 display only the content !

Hope now is clearer...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ALL!

Just to be clear. If I`ll execute trx se11 on BW with ROOSOURCE table and for example datasource 0CO_OM_OPA_1 will i see the anything beside "No table entries found for specified key"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct (because there is no such a datasource in BW, as source system) !

Instead, if you do the same thing on your R/3 you will find (at least) one entry (or two, if you have activated it !!!)

Bye,

Roberto

(dear, reward the answers if you solve your problem !)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!!!

One more question. I`m a dummy on BW. Could you recommend to me anything for learnig BW from scratch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Learning BW from scratch ?!

This is a good cocktail: SDN forums, a lot of practice and SAP course...

Go to www.service.sap.com/bi -> Training (You have to choose a course depending from your release...)

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again...

but maybe about self-study? I`ve many R/3 and BW systems. But noone has knowledge about BW. I`d like to be a first and learn it for myself:) I think company don`t like to pay for this:(

Answers (0)