cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBO Client and Windows Vista in workgroup Licence error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My customer runs B1 2004C. Network structure is workgroup. Client and server are in the same workgroup. XP users connect successfully, but new Vista user gets the licence error: "-2147024891 Access denied". DCOM and other customizations on the licence server are done like in SAP Notes. It doesn't help.

I know Vista is not officially supported by 2004C B1, but i have several Vista users running SBO fine in domain structure. I think the trouble is in the workgroup.

Thanks a lot!

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are the clients and the database server PC set in the same workgroup ?

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe to split DB server and licence service?

Rgrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Jimmy!

Thnx for the answer.

Yes, i wrote this - client and server (DB and licence also) are in the same workgroup.

Regards,

David

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Sorry for the late answer. I wonder if you could uninstall and reinstall DCOM. If it is not possible let me know. I said this because my client has also experience the same issue like you and I suggest them to uninstall and reinstall DCOM. They use SAP B1 2004A.

Rgds,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jimmy!

Unfortunately reinstalling DCOM didn't help.

But did it help to your customer? And where from this version of DCOM was taken?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

some of the SAP Notes addressing DCOM access denied problem of 2004 releases.

<b>Note 833798 - After Upgrade W2003 to SP1: Access denied -2147024891</b>

Symptom

After upgrading Windows 2003 server to SP1 you get the access denied error -2147024891

Other terms

license server, error -2147024891

Reason and Prerequisites

Upgrade to Windows 2003 server changes security settings

Solution

The problem is caused by SP1 for W2003 Server. You have to change the

default configuration of the DCOM to enable clients to access license

server again:

1. go to "Start/run", type in "Dcomcnfg" and the Dcom configuration will open

2. expand "Component Services"

3. right click on "my computer", open "Properties"

4. go to tab "Com Security"

5. in "launch and activation permission" go to "edit limits" this

button is new since SP1

6. tick the boxes "remote launch" and "remote activation" for user

"everyone"

After that the clients can access the license server again, if all nescessary rights are give in the DCOM as well. When the changes described above did not take effect, please check this additionally:

1. go to "Start/run", type in "Dcomcnfg" and the Dcom configuration will open

2. expand "Component Services"

3. Go to "SBOLicense", open "Properties" by right-clicking the mouse

4. On register tab "Security" customize all permissions. Add all nescessary User accounts there. If you add i.e. User Group "Everyone" there, you will not have access right problems any longer, as every user belongs by default to this group.

If that change does not take effect immediately, reboot the server.

This note is permanently updated. If you have any comments or proposals tho improve it, please contact the SAP Business One Hotline and let us know.

<b>Note 824976 - error -2147024891, access denied to license server</b>

Symptom

error -2147024891 when trying to connect with B1 client to license server on another computer The License mechanism needs a properly set up license server which is available over the network via DCOM interface to client computers. The necessary windows user rights must be assigned to client and server.

Other terms

Access denied, SAP Business One, License server

Reason and Prerequisites

Functionality description

Solution

1. Is the license server up and running?

The B1 client on the license server computer should be started and logged into to ensure that there are no problems withs the license server itself. The B1 Server tools should be opened and the settings of the License Manager should be checked so that it is possible to connect by pressing the Connect button.

2. Is the network connection between client and license server working?

The server should be pinged via its IP-address for a response. Any firewalls should be disabled between client and license server for troubleshooting reasons as they can effectively block data packets which are needed for license mechanism. If a VPN is used between client and license server all ports should be available.

3. Are necessary windows user rights in the domain given?

We highly recommend to use B1 in a windows domain, as this is the only way to manage user accounts effectively. Domain user accounts have to be configured on the domain controller computer only. For troubleshooting reasons log in at the client with the windows domain administrator account, that should prevent the user from being blocked due to a lack windows user rights. According to our recommendations the users should be Power Users on the local computer.

4. Are necessary windows user rights in a workgroup given?

If the user is in a windows workgroup, the same user account should be configured with the same password on the license server and on each client computer as well. For troubleshooting reasons a local admin account should be configured on each of these computers. As account information is stored locally on each computer, username and password must be exactly the same on each of the machines. Login with this local administrator account. According to our recommendations the users should be Power Users on the local computer.

5. Is DCOM installed and configured correctly?

On the license server DCOM interface should to be installed and configured correctly. It is located under Control panel\administrative tools\ component service. Expand and in My Computer you will find DCOM Config\SBO License. Open its Properties and check configurations in Security tab. Add user accounts there, if needed.

DCOM should be enabled on the Client machines and on the server(s). In the Component Services expand to My Computer and right click to open the Properties for My Computer. Go to the Default Properties tab and make sure that 'Enable Distributed COM on this computer' is ticked. If these settings are modifed a restart of the computer is needed for the changes to take effect.

Br,

Chris