cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Order needs to move from CRM to SRM/EBP Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an implementation where, services originate as a Work order on CRM and need to move to EBP. What is the best way to do this. Is there any existing EXTREQ functionality that can achieve this or is there any BADI definitions available for this (which can be implemented).

Greetings

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy John,

SAP provides an external requirement integration possibility to integrate Purchase requisitions in EBP from SAP and non SAP systems.

You can use this functionality to integrate your WO: you then just have to code a function module that gets the WO from CRM to SRM, and associate it with the meta bapi used by the standard scenario.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks so much for the response. When you say "external requirement integration" are you referring to the BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB RFC that is available. I have used it in context of PR transfer from R3 to SRM but was not sure if it will work in the CRM to SRM scenario since there may be incompatibilities between the objects of Work Order and PR / Shopping Cart on the SRM side.

Also what BAPI are you referring to.

Thanks Again

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Careful, I'm not saying that the standard FM BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB will get the WO. In fact the standard scenario uses a meta bapi wich calls different FM depending on the Backend system type and version.

To enable the upload of the requirements from CRM, you have to:

-develop a Z FM in the CRM system that gets the WO

-Create a FM in SRM that calls this FM: the FM <b>MUST</b> have the same interface as the standard one that exists in <u><b>SRM</b></u> (the same as the Meta BAPI).

-Associate the SRM FM to the object method in table BBP_FUNCTION_MAP, or use the BADI "Determine driver".

-Run the standard program for EXT REQ upload.

Done.

Regards.

Vadim

Message was edited by: Vadim COURTHEOUX

Message was edited by: Vadim COURTHEOUX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vadim. I will try it.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I am not sure, if you do much configuration. But I had an unrelated question. I am trying to get the Customizing Object DNL_CUST_PROD1 from R3 to the SRM system. On the R3 side when I check the Outgoing Queue it has "STOP". It seems to crash in a program called "CRM_FIRST_CALL_OPERATIONS" Any Idea ?

Greetings and Thanks a Million

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Are you able to load any other object ?

Have you made the customizing on both R/3 (table SMO... as far as I remeber, look into conf guide) and SRM sides (define sites, etc...)?

Have you got any trace on SRM side (dump for example) ?

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

No, I started off with the object I mentioned. The error seems to happen on the R3 side in the

FM CRM_FIRST_CALL_OPERATIONS where it does not seem to have the table entries from the table:

if gt_rfcdest[] is initial and

not i_bapicrmdh2-ref_id is initial.

message x050(c_) with

'No external system (such as CRM) connected'(007).

else.

t_rfcdest[] = gt_rfcdest[].

endif.

gt_rfcdest[] which is defined in the Include LCRM0TOP

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

That means you didn't make the proper customizing for the CRM middleware.

Try to get the configuration guide there are few steps:

-Define sites on SRM side

-Activate partner site on R/3 side

-Manage object filters on SRM side

-Launch initial download on SRM side

Regards.

Vadim COURTHEOUX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Looks like the Guide I have is old. Can you send me the link to the right config guide.

thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have the conf guide here, but the steps are:

-Define SRM system in table on R/3 CRMRFCPAR (depending on R/3 version note 557984 must have been applied)

-Define site on SRM in transaction SMOEAC

-Manage Object filters in transaction R3AC3 in SRM

-Launch object

Good luck.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the help. I resolved the issue, it was a problem on the R3 side.

Have you tried to take an Org Unit(s) from an R3 system and import it into EBP using ALE ?

Do you know of any good guides on this.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

In fact what I've done is transporting the Org Units from SRM system to another one (to transport the structure from dev to int and prod).

There is a standard scenario proposed by SAP, but be careful it doesn't contain all the infotypes of the structure.

About your point, be careful, the Org Structure is used for HR purposes in SAP R/3, in SRM project it is used for purchasing purposes. These two structure will be different in 95% of the cases, because the functional and technical goals are not the same.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the feedback. I am running into crashes in the report which is supposed to do the ALE linkages. The Report RHALEHRMDORIGINIT crashed. I am going to re-present it to my manager and recommend the Local Scenario.

There was a recommendation in one of our teams on using XI for CRM to SRM linkage. What is your opinion on that.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

My opinion is: KEEP IT SIMPLE !!

The usage of XI would be interresting only if a standard scenario exists for your need.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your responces.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You were able to use the BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB to create a shopping cart in SRM ?

I would like to create it,not from R/3, but from an xml document.

Can you please describe how you filled the RFC to generate the shopping cart?

Thanks,

Henny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henny,

For Creating a Shopping Cart from an External SAP system as a requirement the best RFC is "BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL"

I had asked SAP this as part of an OSS message. It needs just the basic Shopping cart data as long as the user running it has the right Org Attributes set in ppoma_bbp.

Example:

Quantity, Unit, Price, Currency, Material Group / Product Category ...

Internally it will call the right Function Module and put it in the right Table to be picked up in the next Transfer to the backend System.

*XML*

Depending on the version of SRM involved you may be able to handle XML data with or without a Business Connector.

**This is what the OCI 4.o Guide says about it.***

http://www.sap.com/partners/icc/scenarios/pdf/OCI_40_EN20030611.pdf

The OCI Guide says the following and gives the options:

XML Variant of the OCI

The OCI can also process an XML file. Here the same architecture is used as in the pure HTML variant, this means the XML data is embedded in an HTML form for the transfer from the catalog to the SRM Server via the user’s browser.

To transfer an XML file, besides the fields mentioned in section 3.3, two further HTML-input fields are used:

• xmltype:

This parameter specifies the type of the XML file used so that the correct XML mapping can be found. Up to and including SAP Enterprise Buyer 3.0 the mapping of the received XML data is done exclusively in the Business Connector which must be set up for this purpose for the relevant SAP Enterprise Buyer System. As of SAP Enterprise Buyer 3.5 the mapping can also be done in the SRM Server itself. A prerequisite is that the corresponding XML schema is used. The previous schemas are also supported. Valid values for the field type xmlType as of SRM 3.0 are shown below.

• ~xmlDocument:

In this parameter the XML file that must correspond to one of the schemas above is transferred as a Base64-coded character set. The coding can be done either directly on the server page of the catalog or, as shown in the sample application, by JavaScript on the client’s page.

ESAPO

Encoded SAP Object for OCI Version up to and including3.0

PDI_OCI.dtd/PDI_OCI.xsd/BC

ESAPO3.0

Encoded SAP Object for OCI Version up to and including 3.0

PDI_OCI_30.dtd/PDI_OCI_30.xsd/BC

ESAPO3.5

Encoded SAP Object for OCI Version as of 3.5

OpenCatalogInterface.xsd/im SRM Server.

Hope this helps.

Greetings

John C

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I'd like to configure CRM Middleware in order to upload Material & Product Categories from R/3 to SRM 5 server.

I followed your instructions, also I followed the note #720819 and I checked help.sap.com. But the result is the same: I can't upload that info yet... =(

Config needed in Help.sap.com: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/05/9b8139437eac2ae10000000a11402f/content.htm

Could you give me a little more help?

I really appreciate your help, thank you!!

Regards from Mexico,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

What is the exact result you get:

-Did the replication objects run well ?

-Did you get any error message ?

-Did you check smq1 & smq2 on SRM and R/3 (for stucked qRFC calls)?

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Before anything, thanks for your reply.

After several tryings, this is my result:

1. The replication objects seem to run well. I get the message: R3AS-> "Object in status running"

2. If I try to monitor the run in R3AM1, everything has the "running" status, but It doesn't advance =( (block column = 0)

3. My result of smq1 & smq2

SRM smq1: empty

SRM smq2: empty

R3 smq1: I have my 4 objects twice, so 8 lines with some entries each one.

R3 smq2: empty

Any help ?

Thanks and Regards from Mexico,

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

By the way:

If I change the view in SMQ1 (R3), I can see the status "SYSFAIL". =(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means that there is an error in R/3 that blocks your qRFC.

My advice:

-Delete entries in smq1 & smq2 on both sides

-Relaunch the objects from SRM

-Check the smq1 & smq2 and if you find an entry again get deeper in the log to find out where this error comes from.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I have exactly the same problem. Could you tell me how you solved in on R/3 site?

Thanks in advance

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have the exact same problem when replicating service master. How exactly did you manage to solve the problem?

Please assist? You would be of great help!

Kind Regards,

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I have a brand new EBP system fully configured, except for Workflow. Since thw workflow will need a lot of customizing. I just want it to be turned off for now, until I can get it fully configured. In the meantime, I want Shopping cart creation to happen. In the last step it gives me an error that Workflow does not exist for the user. Do you know how I can get around this.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy John,

The WF is mandatory in the EBP. You need , at least, to customize the WF without approval starting condition.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Do you know the transaction to do the basic setup.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I have interesting problem. There is a Business Partner visible in transaction "BP" which has the number "##1" it is a deleted Entry but sill shows up in BP.

On SAP's advice I tried using reports B_DELETE_ALL_BBP_USERS and BUPA_TEST_DELETE both did not do it. Any idea on how to do this.

I cannot create another Org Unit in ppoma_bbp without fixing this as it errors out.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for all your help. I had a question of having just a category in a PR and not an item.

I understand that the PR is transmitted to the backend only if there is an item entry in it. What if we want to setup a way where just a Product Category and text is entered and the Procurement department edits it on R3 and puts in product numbers.

Can we force the EBP system to send the Shopping Cart / PR without an item with just the header info. Is there a place where it can be configured to do so.

Any idea on the Business Partner issue I spoke of ?

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Welt,

What kind of BP is it (User, Org unit, ...) ?

BUPA_TEST_DELETE should be enough to delete the entry.

You can try to find out in wich tables the system has kept a trace of the BP.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

In R/3 a PR item can be created either with a material number or with the couple Material Group/Description.

The EBP system works the same way (it's called FFE in EBP), there is no action to make to allow that on the system. The only point is that you need to have Product categories in EBP that targets the R/3 system, and creates PR. The FFE items of the SC will then be sent to R/3 in a PR.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I have a shopping cart created with a zero step workflow, but it is not going over to R3. In the status monitor I see:

Item in Transfer Process Indicator: Status Is Inactive X

My Shopping cart has an Item with Prod Category and description. It says its been approved and all but "Item in Transfer Process" indicator shows up as Inactive.

I checked this in bbp_pd also. Is there a transaction or FM to debug this.

Greetings

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stan,

First try to find the log entry corresponding to the transfer in the "Application monitor".

If you do not find anything, try to call the FM "BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER" (not sur of the name, I don't have a system here) and debug it, you'll be abble to find the kind of document it is trying to create, and the error message from R/3 if the error is there.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I fixed it. Thanks for your help. bbp_pd showed me the problem. The Doc was stuck in the sourcing cockpit.

The Business Partner issue is still with SAP the BP is a company in the Org (ppoma_bbp)

Greetings

John