Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Problem after changing and transporting a table view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Experts,

I hope you can help me.

I changed a Z-table in the Data Dictionary. For this table there exists an Tableview.

After I added three new fields I generate a new tableview:

Utilities -> table maintenance generator

Change -> create maintenance screen -> ok

after this I optimized the layout of the screen.

On our Enviromentsystem my Tableview works perfect.

I can make changes in the table.

Then I transported the new tableview to our testsystem.

There I started the sm30 "Maintain table view" and tried to change table entries.

After a click on "Maintain" the following Message appears:

TK 730 Changes to Repository or cross-client Customizing are not permitted.

The strangest thing is, that before my transport, it worked, I could change table entries.

There were no changes on the userrights.

And I can change a similar table on the testsystem.

I compared the properties of both tables. But I could not find a difference.

Have anybody an idea where the error can be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi

Caution: The table is cross-client

Message no. TB113

Diagnosis

You are in the process of maintaining a cross-client table. You are using the standard table maintenance screen here, which is frequently used to maintain client-specific Customizing entries. This message serves to warn you that each change you make will have an effect on all other clients in the system.

System response

You have the authorization required for cross-client maintenance.

Procedure

Think carefully about the effect of your changes. Due to logical dependencies between client-specific Customizing and applications data on the one hand and cross-client Customizing data on the other hand, changing or deleting cross-client data could result in inconsistencies.

Therefore such changes should be carefully planned and coordinated, taking all the clients in the system into consideration.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member

Hi

Caution: The table is cross-client

Message no. TB113

Diagnosis

You are in the process of maintaining a cross-client table. You are using the standard table maintenance screen here, which is frequently used to maintain client-specific Customizing entries. This message serves to warn you that each change you make will have an effect on all other clients in the system.

System response

You have the authorization required for cross-client maintenance.

Procedure

Think carefully about the effect of your changes. Due to logical dependencies between client-specific Customizing and applications data on the one hand and cross-client Customizing data on the other hand, changing or deleting cross-client data could result in inconsistencies.

Therefore such changes should be carefully planned and coordinated, taking all the clients in the system into consideration.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

But my table isn´t cross-client.

The table contains a field "mandt" (type clnt).

As I said, I haven´t change the properties of the table, I only add three fields.

After that the message appears on the testsystem.

That is the problem I don´t understand.

0 Kudos

Have you checked the properties maintained in the table maintenance generator.

It might be because of the 'Recording routine' settings. It would have been changed to 'Standard Recording Routine'.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

I checked the properties.

Recording routine = Standard Recording Routine

0 Kudos

That is why its giving a problem. If you keep the Recording routine as 'standard..... ' then you have to make the entries in your development system and transport the entries to further system. If you want to allow SM30 in other system also. Then you have to change the Recording routine to 'no, or -

'.

In that case its better to keep the CHANGE LOGS check box in the techincal settings, so that the changes made to the table are logged in the Other systems

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mellanie,

It is the problem with authorization. I think you dont have change authorization in the test system. check with your basis guy.

Reward if it helps,

Satish

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

I found my mistake:

Transaction sobj (Maintain View Cluster)

In the properties of the Header Data of my table, the flag "current settings" has to be checked.

I don´t know why this settings have changed while I created the new table view.