Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need detail document on POS Data Management

former_member444990
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello every one:

Have any body used the idoc interface in POS Data Management of BW 3.5? Do you have detail material on it?

I am doing a project of bw for a retailer and we decided use the POS data management system to manage data from pos and PIPE(POS Inbound Processing Engine) to transfer data. It is said that we can transfer data by IDoc, BAPI, or other standard interfaces such as XML etc. But what i can get is just a overview of this. If any body has detail material on the PIPE, would you please kindly share them with us?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am interested to have the documentation about POS DM also.

Could you please give me a copy?

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I read all posts and have a few questions about SAP XI and POS DM (PIPE):

1) I used BAPI /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE to push data from SAP XI to PIPE. How can I check this data came in transaction DB? (I couldn't see anything in /POSDW/MON0)

2) What part of BI content should be activated to see pushed data from XI?

3) When can I get a documentation of BAPI /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE and others? (I need it to map data from POS-system to BAPI. WE HAVE 3rd party POS-system!)

Thanks in advance!

former_member199435
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have the same question, do u have any solution?

best regards,

Evans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also working on POS Data, I am sending IDOC (wpubon) from WE19 to POS Workbench. But when I try to execute IDOC in workbench, I get an error and cant execute IDOC. Error says "there are still no BW systems connected to the datasource", although activating the datasources. What may be the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP is actually developing a Mapping <u>Template</u> to connect SAP Triversity to the POS Data Management. This content is XI-related. The Content will also support ARTS IXRetail and the matching ARTS outbound messages. So it`s not already available, but it will be there soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

are you referring to the XI CONTENT STORE CONNECT.1.0 that is available in the SAP Software Distribution Center on the Service Marketplace. Or are you talking about sometihng else?

Thanks and kind regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you put the data into the PIPE (pos inbound processing engine) via BAPI (XI), there is nothing else like customizing to distribute these to either the infocubes or something else.

Unfortunately there is not much documentation on how to do this. So I will give you a basic idea of the steps needed to transfer the data into the cubes.

Go to TN /POSDW/IMG (/n/POSDW/IMG).

There you build your own customizing profil, potentially Z001.

Then you go to the "POS Transactions" and lateron onto "Type Group for POS Transactions". Copy any type you need from the standard profil of the sap.

The same thing you do with the "Category for POS Transactions". Take care of the entry "Incl./Excl. Task Grp", this is where you link your specific data to a taskgroup. There are tasks linked to any taskgroup, for instance the one you need to feed the cubes. ("Supply BW Immediately, Non-Aggre., w. Distribution")

Naturally you have to customize the taskgroup and the tasks as well as the transaction categories and lateron the connection between the tasks and the taskgroup in "Tasks for Taskgroup". (should be copy action too)

If you set up the "Type of Task" to "Immediate Processing", then the data will be processed into the deltasource in the moment there are reaching the pipe.

All you have to do then is to connect the deltasource to the cubes in TN RSA1.

Hope this will push you in the right direction!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a Blogg with regard to this inquiry in which way sap pos dm is provided with data.

<a href="/people/uwe.beister/blog/2006/05/02/sap-pos-dm-which-type-of-idoc-should-be-used-in-pos-dm-inbound">/people/uwe.beister/blog/2006/05/02/sap-pos-dm-which-type-of-idoc-should-be-used-in-pos-dm-inbound</a>

Hope this is helpful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on similar kind of project where in we have to send the POS data to POS DM through XI. Some of the retail business have adapterd ARTS format (Association for Retail Technology Standards) to exchange their point of sale data. My questions are

a) Is there a pre built content provided by XI for mapping and sending data to POS DM

b) what is the best and efficent means of sending data to POS DM to/from XI

If anyone has input on this please pass it to me

Regards

Prahllad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prahlad,

ARTS standard has came into being very recently , but most of the POS systems have been designed years before so its quite rare to see any POS applicable maintaining ARTS standard in use in Industries.Even if POS systems have been upgraded to comply with more freely interchangeable XML formats using ARTS standard, not many clients have implemented it.

Fact that POSDM is relatively new , it was built using the most advanced standard (ARTS), but still it a long way to meet all features within ARTS standard.

a.) Is there a pre built content provided by XI for mapping and sending data to POS DM

Because most of the POS systems have very native format its difficult to build a generic content that can be used in all and sundry. So to best of my knowledge it is not yet available as a standard content. However, It is speculated that SAP may provide standard content around integration with Traversity in near future.

b) what is the best and efficent means of sending data to POS DM to/from XI.

Answer to this question depends on frequency of transmission and size of each transmission, assumming sufficient hardware is made available.

Looking are the current trend among retailers to go "trickle" ,usually its makes good sense to use RFC for these transmissions. However, Idoc based transmissions too have have their own advantages, given what is important for business.

I may be able to provide you further inputs , if you could provide some details around your business scenario.

Thanks

Umanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umanand

Thanks very much for your input. We are implementing SAP's POS DM replacing the legacy POS DM systems. The business scenario is we have POS data comming in from retail outlets from different part of the geography. The POS log file comes in as a text file with their own format. The idea we have is to have convert their format to ARTS format and push it.

In this way we will have a common interface for integration with SAP's POS system and individual country specific mappings to convert legacy format to ARTS format.

If SAP XI provides pre-built content for ARTS then we can just use them

And juts one more question , do you know which RFC/BAPI's needs to be called to push data into SAP's POS DM.

Regards

Prahllad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prahlad,

Though you may have to build unique inbound adapters in XI for each of the T-log format, you can still use the same outbound RFC to POSDM.I would be definitely interested in how did you guy do it.

You can use /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE for pushing many transactions at a time. Alternatively you can also use /POSDW/POSTR_CREATEMULTIPLE01 Idoc.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards

Umanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again!

I have one more question. Search for store ( for example in transaction /posdw/mon0) doesn't work, how can I solve this problem?

Message was edited by: Mikhail Vorobiev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Did you manage to resolve your "search for store" problem ? Because I've the same one.

Thank You !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have some problems with activation of pos data management content in BW 3.5. I can't activate Update Rules, in BW 3.1 everything was alright. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: Mikhail Vorobiev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't configured anything in the SAP BW System. I only call a BAPI (/POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE) with POS data via SAP XI.

Regards, Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now the POS Data is in my transaction database, wow. But when I try to process the POS Data I get an error message "Unknown Strore Number (Message no. /POSDW/CORE003)". In POS Customizing the store is listed. I don't know the reason for this error. Can anybody help me?

Greets, Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Josef,

You seem to have gotten the PIPE thing atleast connected,. Can you share what setting in the BW system did you have to do for the PIPE ? Also if there is anything you had to do for the XI ..

Thanks, I really appreciate the support.

Regards

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

is the master data check activated? If yes the PIPE try to find the store in the table /bi0/tplant (Infoobject /bi0/0plant).

Deactivate the master-data check (/n/posdw/img -> Master Data Fi -> empty) and try again.

P.S. Hi Stefan

Cheers,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

could anyone help me?

i try run /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE with manual data enter

but nothing happening no data in cubes come

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know why you are getting this problem.. Please Email me at vsiva9@gmail.com.. We are having go-live coming soon .. I worked a lot on POS DM and having control on the system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am little new to the POS topic. I understood that you get your POS data via BAPI over XI, . How do you connect the get the POS data in the infocubes? What steps have you made?

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at the entry above

(think you will be noticed by email, if I reply directly to you)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mukovoz,

I am presently working in a retail implementation project. We are using sap -triversity at POS.

i am new to retail industry.

Can you please send me the document on POS Data Management.

I am also looking for the configuration document required for the data flow from POS TO BI.

I would also like to know in which scenarios IDC's and BAPI used,and which method will be preferrable.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lalitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm interested if you found any good documentation on features of POS PDM. We currently pass through POS data from our SAP Retail to SAP BI - but we are not using the POS PDM functionality in BI. So I am very interested to see when this functionality is required, and if so, what benefits does it provide.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Pooven

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

Can you send me a copy as well.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is <b>POS</b> is related to <b>Program of Study</b>., if yes i can suggest you guys..because we are implementing Program of study.

Are you guys are talking about Program catalogue,Module Group and Module if yes i can tell you.

Please let me know.

Cheers,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

POS means <b>Point of Sales</b> in this content.

Is there a opportunity to write POS data from SAP Exchange Infrastructure into the transaction database in the PIPE (PoS Inbound Processing Engine)? If yes, how does it work?

Greets,

Josef

stefan_scheppat
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can use the standard POS Inbound IDOCs (WPUUMS, WPUTAB, WPUBON, WPUWBW, WPUFIB) or (and that's the recommended way) BAPI /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE.

Stefan

stefan_scheppat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

POS DM is part of the BI Content. So you'll have to import BI Content 3.5.3 to get POS DM functionality. Core transactions are /POSDW/MON0 for the POS Workbench and /POSDW/IMG for customizing.

I think documentation is available with the next SAP Solution Manager Release, but I'm not sure.

There is a workshop availabe for POS DM: W26POS

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I attended W26POS workshop. It is really nice to get it trainned before starting customizing in POS Data Management. Let me know , i can share my experience .

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaramkumar,

Can u share u r experience about POS DM (W26POS Workshop).

You can mail me on uday.sharmaa@gmail.com

Regds

Uday Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Where can I attend the workshop W26POS which you have mentioned.

Can you share any of the documents related POS DM.

You can send to my e-mail id lalithailla@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Lalitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SIVA,

I am presently working in a retail implementation project. We are using sap -triversity at POS.

I am also looking for the configuration document required for the data flow from POS TO BI.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lalitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I would also like to know in which scenarios IDC's and BAPI used,and which method will be preferrable.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lalitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am presently working in a retail implementation project.i am new to retail industry.

I am also looking for the configuration document required for the data flow from POS TO BI.Can you pls share.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaram,

Can you please give me some details about the config part from BW side..

Like how the POS data will be moved to cubes or ODS. Where we are going to set this???

Is this similar to normal data flow..

Please share any of the doc you are having the same.

Regards,

Ranganath K.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m working with POS DM for two weeks and I´m new in this technology.

Can anybody send me W26POS documents ?

and also documentation about BAPI module functions for inbound from POS?

Thanks in advance.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have the same request. SAP hasn't delivered the documentation on PDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no specific installation required. I figured it out (as always). As an example if you are using BW 3.5 (NW 04), /POSDW/SALES_AUDIT and /POSDW/ADMINISTRATOR should be available as transactions. You can execute them with the /n prefix.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i'm using bw 3.5 (nw 04) and the transactions you posted won't work. are there other transactions for pos data management?

former_member444990
Discoverer
0 Kudos

BTW my email is ya.xu@sap.com. U can directly email me.

Many thanks and best regards!

kiran_banga
0 Kudos

I have the same requirement. Did you get any responses ? I am unable to find anything on PIPE or the requirements to be able to use this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please i need technical information about implementation of pdm , like agreggated , anulations , process, etc.

if you can help me please

thanks,

massiel