cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04--- Delivery date--***URGENT***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In md04 the delivery date is pushed out to open sales order date and i see exception 15

What setting in the system makes it look for dependent requirements

WE WANT delivery date as per PLANNED LEAD TIME

Can any one help me get through this

Will award full points

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exception message is appeared if the receipt has to be postpoined as requirement date is in future.say today, hence system is prompting you to change the delivery date.

See this is only for informtion purpose, it will not do ant change in the delivery date. Hence you need not warry

Hence sales order delivery date is in future, but dalivery date in delivery document is let us

please come back if required.

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha,

Thank you for the quick response

No.... but the delivery date is getting pushed for real

The delivery date is getting pushed to Sales order date

Can you tell me how to bring back the delivery date AS PER PLANNED LEAD TIME ...the system does not consider the planned lead time any more

Waiting for ypur valuable inputs

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please give the example? I am not getting you.

Delivery date is getting copied from sales order...what do you mean by sales order date...which date in sales order you are refering?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

I again assigned you points for reverting back

Okay here is the example

They are creating a sales order and running the mrp but the sales order is not due (i mean its open till later date ) so when you create a po with referebnce to that sales order the delivery date is not according to planned delivery time but the open sales order date ..i think this happens through availability check

so whta can we do so that system doesnt consider the sales order but act according to planned delivery time

thank you in advance

Hope i was able to explain

Any more questions feel free to throw at me

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understood,

Youn create a Sales order and when you run MRP, after runningb MRP, you will get purchase order, i it is to be purchased from outside. Now This PR or PO what you created will have delivery date copied from Sales order.

System will give the indication in MD04 that reshedule in or rescedhule out depending the actual delivery date from material master.

Just check in MD04...there is a rescheduleing date...If you are not getting that, then you need to do the setting in SPRO.

Please let me know, accordinly let me give you the SPRO steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back

Thank you for getting back again

I checked for rescheduling date in md04 can you tell me where to check

I would be very pleased if you give me the config settings for reschuling and bringing the delivery date back to planned

Am waiting for your response

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check in MD04 in the PO line...is there any rescheduling dates?

If you donot want the ava check to be carried out in PO, switch off the av check in PO so that whatever the delivery date given will be copied in MD04.

Please send me then screenshot of the MD04(after removing the confidential data from the screen).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha,

Thank you for your tremendous response can you provide me the email id so that i can send you screen shot

And how to switch off the availabilty check in md04 can you tell me that please

And if you can give me the config settings too

Waiting for your response

Please give me your e-mail if you feel safe i can send you the screen shot

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha,

There is Rec/req quantity column then there is available quantity column then there is a resheduling date column

And that rescheduling date is pushed to sales order date can you help how to switch off availability check and bring back the delivery date as per planned lead time

Thank you in advance

justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Then it is fine...donot warry about the rescheduling date. It is for information only...Cool.

Switching offth eAV check is not required as the date what you see in MD04-rescheduling column is for information. Hence forget it. It will not actually change your delivery date.

If you still wants the customizing steps pl let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha,

But when i go and check the purchase order it is with the resceduling date ie.... the delivery date is pushed to future date (ie sales order date) kindly please help and give me customizing steps and please let me know how to switch off the Availability check its urgent Guru

Assigned you points for each reply

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you know how ava check works.

Kindly let me know which checking group is maintianed in MRP3 view of the material master.

Which checking rule you are using in PO, findout as below

goto display of PO, select the item, folllow the menu path -

environment -->availability

You can see the checking rule you are using?

check this entry for AV and checking rule in OPJJ

what elements are considered as receipt?

Please also let us know the following

what is the delivery date in PO line item

What is start of del date in PO line item

Committed date in PO line item

In MRP 2 what is the planned delivery date?

What is the sales order delivery date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha,

when i tried to do availability check for line item it said::::: Availability check for only STO's only anyways i found out that the availability =32 and checking rule is A ::::description is SD ORder in opjj

I checked the avilability check in md04 its same 32 and checking rule A

And in OPJJ there

Receipts in the past is blank

incl Po is ticked

incl dependent reqis ticked

include sales req is ticked

iclude deliveries is ticked

include shipping notification is tiked

include safety syock is ticked

******everything else is not ticked****

Okay in Po line item delivery date is due after sales order first date

I couldnt find any committed date

And planned delivery date is 95 but its definetely not according to planned delivery date ....

I tried un ticking the sales requirements in OPJJ but still dint help then i posted this question in SDN

Waiting for your reply

And thank you once again for taking interest

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is checking group 32 what is <b>And planned delivery date is 95</b>

I am not getting you.

If there is no commited date in the PO, that means available qty is zero?

Why are you using STO, you told it is PO?

If I correct- you create a sales order, then you create PO to get that material

Now in sales order you have availability check activated, hence it will look for the receipt element.

Now you are creating PO manually and entering the delivery date manually...

let us say del date you eneterd today.

Your planned delivery days let us say 20 datys,

the system will say "can delivery date met? - it is warning message. if you stll save syetem will save that order.

Now when you see the date in MD04 and if you run MRP, then if the delivery date us not matching with SO delivery date, then system will give resceduling date, which willnot be copied to PO unless you change it.

See below MD04 sumulation

<b>DATE---recp/issue-resch date-qty--balance</b>

20.11.2007Stock--

10.12.2007SO--

-10 -

15.12.2007PO

10.12.2007-- 10 -

Since as per the date proposed by system as per MRP2 view data(planned del days) is 15.12.2007. But required del date from SO is 10.12.2007, hence MRP reschedules and give youn indication that del date should be 10.12.2007 instead of 15.12.2007.

Is it the case with you? if not please give example like what i gave above.

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rajesha,

Sorry if i have confused you

As per your example scenario evrything is correct its just that

we create a SO

Then we run mrp

through mrp we create planned order ie PREQ to Po

The issue is we do not want the Po date through availability check ...

we want Po delivery date as per the planned del time as per MRP view which is not happening i know that system is behaving right as per the config and with respect to availability check but we dont want that and this issue started few days back

How can i make these changes

Please feel free to ask if you need anything else

justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

<b>DATE---recp/issue-resch date-qty--balance</b>

20.11.2007Stock--

10.12.2007SO--

-10 -

15.12.2007PO

10.12.2007-- 10 -

Therefore system is doing right by making the requirement date as 10.12.2007, but the actual delivery date as per MRP2 view days is 15.12.2007.

The PR will be generated as per the SO delivery date. But when you create PO, system will inform you that "can delivery date can be met?"...make this as error message. so that you can enter the date as per the MRP2 view and save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha,

Yeah rajesha you got exactly what the issue is here sorry if i was not able to explain it right

Any other work around sir

What about the switching off availability check so that we dont have to calculate the delivery date ...you know the users they want minimum look up time and calculation time

I remember you were talking about switching off availability check in md04 ...How can we do that or anything else we can do

is it a good idea to take off the flag from OPJJ include sales requirements for that availibility and the checking rule ...WHat do you think...?????

Am so happy that you taking interest into this and helping me resolve this

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

make tje checking group = KP in material master MRP3 view...try and come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai to all

po created on :- 30.03.2010

gr process time is :- 2 days

po delivery date is 16.06.2010

and planned delivery date :- 32 days in material master but in po pdt is 10 days

in md04 system is showing :- 21.06.2010

16 + 2 =18/06/2010

rahul

Answers (0)