cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra printing S_LZPL_SETUP = ^FWR & ^LRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to design zebra labels, using SAP smartforms. Due to the label orientation in printer, I have to use S_LZPL_SETUP as 'FWR', in my smartform, as per the documentation available at zebra com. In the documentation, it is also told, to use 'LRY', for text reversing. But, when I try to include another command window and include '^LRY', smartform throws me an error saying "Value of spool attribute S_LZPL_SETUP cannot be changed.". In such a situation, how can we put in more than one command, for S_LZPL_SETUP attribute?

Requirement is to change the orientation of the output, which I am able to do, using ^FWR; and to reverse only <b>one</b> window, in the output.

Thanks,

Juwin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

karel_havlicek
Explorer

Hi folks,

I started to explore this area too and found, you can add more than one ZPL command under one S_LZPL_SETUP which is used for general commands. Just separate them by character '^'. I used this way to print QR codes as e.g.  S_LZPL_SETUP  '^XA^BQN,2,10^FDMM,AAC-42^FS^XZ' . All the ZPL II commands are under one S_LZPL_SETUP and it works. So in this case it would be something simply like '^FWR^LRY'. I know it's late answer, I am letting know just for the others...

former_member213450
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karel Havlicek,

I have created a smart form to print a label, but the label is printing in reverse order (Upside down). we are using the ZLZEB2 :  203 dpi printer to print the label. I have tried with S_LZPL_SETUP = '^FWI' in command node still its not working. could you please help me on this??

Regards,

Ramesh

karel_havlicek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

we are using for Smartform + Zebra printing device : LZEB3        ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1)     300 dpi ZPL II printers. It works fine. We just fought with QRs on Zebras. Without it we did not needed to use any special Zebra commands. Because in those days SAP did not support square codes natively. Perhaps our solution would be somehow helpful for you, I mean used commands order and so on.  Our example is here:  http://havliczech.blogspot.de/2013/07/sap-smartforms-qrcode-zebra-ok.html

Otherwise I can recommend to you to get in contact with Zebra technical support to discuss used commands in detail. I did the same.

Regards,

Karel

0 Kudos

Hi Karel,

I tried using '^FWR^LRY' to rotate text and its window but its not working, only text is rotated and box is printed in portrait format. Please help me if you have any solution

karel_havlicek
Explorer
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

hi, i added a command element in smartform to a window and gave my zpl code as input but nothing seems to be printed. Any clues are highly appreciated. Thank you

karel_havlicek
Explorer

Hi Aruna,

sorry, I no longer work with ZPL.
Just check the self explanatory article:
http://havliczech.blogspot.com/2013/07/sap-smartforms-qrcode-zebra-ok.html

Karel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroc,

Could you please explain me how to use ^FWR command in smartforms.I also have the same requirement and i was not able to do that.What are the settings to be done.

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I tried to do it the way Zebra described by putting S_LZPL_SETUP = ^FWR into the free attributes section of a Smartform COMMAND but that didn't work so I did this:

1. created two print controls ZNORM and ZRT90 in SPAD,

2. assigned them to my Z-device and assigned the value ^FWN to ZNORM and ^FWR to ZRT90,

3. assigned the z-device to the printer

4. in the window where the Smartform COMMAND is called (before the TEXT to be rotated) put the ZRT90 into the Include Printer Control field.

The text should now be rotated 90 degrees.

Note that you should send ZNORM after because ZRT90 seems to be stored in memory even for the next print out. So, ZNORM should be the last thing called.

I am still testing this procedure and have a few questions so am going to create a [New Post|; today. I will put the link in here later so please answer some of the questions if you can.

Kroc.

Edited by: Kroc on Mar 26, 2009 8:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe not the answer you want.

Use SAP-script. In SAP-script you have less restrictions in what is allowed and not allowed.

and there are not done a number of presettings before you reach the first smartform statements.

I hope you won't getr angry on me (and maybe it helps)

Gr., Frank

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Frank,

I promise I won't get angry, just frustrated (and Ireland have just become European Rugby Champions so I couldn't possibly be angry)....

I have seen that SAPScript seems to be suggested a lot as a solution - I am just hoping that someone has done this in Smartforms. I thought we me might be able to do it using print controls but I have not used them before. I'll give it a go and will reply here one way or the other.

Thanks.

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

told you I wouldn't get angry....

I set up some print controls for the device to use ^FWR and ^FWN. These were called via a 'COMMAND' in two separate windows. This worked. I have been told that these controls might affect the following smartforms as the print control is still in the printers memory but it has passed the tests so far.

More tests to be done but looks good so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will a little glad that you solved the problem.

and even more because you didn't have to start a brand new sapscript (including program)

I was just clicking you to continue your thread.

Nice meeting you,

Gr., Frank

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

anyone know the answer to Juwin's question below? I would like to do the same.