SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Bangalore behind us, it's now time for you and we mean ALL OF YOU to tell us what you think. We are looking for your good, bad and ugly of SAP Community Day and the Community Clubhouse for Las Vegas, Munich and Bangalore for 2007. Simply reply here and let us have it, we want it all even if it's not nice because that's how we will make it better for next year!

For example, here are the elements involved comment on one, all or several - your chose!

SAP Community Day: Keynote, Speed Networking, BOF's, Panel/Meet the Veepes, Lunch, Dinner/Event, location, Setup, Various Activities, Wireless, Power, Staff

Community Clubhouse: BPX Knowledge Table, SDN Knowledge Table/SDN Lounge, IVN Table, ESC Table, Mural, Theatre, Cafe, Location, Setup, Various Activities, Wireless, Power, Staff

Adobe and SDN RIA Hacker Night/Innovation Track: Setup, location, content, duration, speakers, staff

6 REPLIES 6

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi all,

first of all i would like to thank your team for the invite ....The community day @ bangalore was really a benefical event..nice to see all the contributors and also some industry experts ...

suggestions : This event can be extended to two days ..and they can have separate tracks for functional as well as technical..

All sdn people should join together and innovate some new projects/tools/products and it should be released on the community day..if there are proper mentors to guide us we can really go for it..duration can be 1year...By this set of people can work together for 1year to develop some useful stuffs...

thanks

Jaideep Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

This is a great initiative!!! I am sure this will help us to make our community a great venue to grow together.

<b>SAP Community Day:</b>

Keynote: Is Perfect and we can add some more views of visionaries from top management; If not possible for them to travel we can have their video recording played on that day.

Speed Networking: Just perfect. Along with invitation if we can start a blog while planning the event, we can meet them before hand.

Panel/Meet the Veepes: Great!. Would like to see more of them, who can be a role-model for all members.

Lunch, Dinner/Event: Just perfect!.

Location: Can be on a hill station to avoid Bangalore traffic :).

Setup: Perfect!

Various Activities: We can add some involving games/ managerial game to make event memorable.

Staff: Great Efforts by SDN Staff. Very Down to earth.

<b>Community Clubhouse:</b>

BPX Knowledge Table: Can be handed over to volunteers from community. Even the similar table can be placed at all SAP events like sapphire and other events.

Theatre: Should be showing Video's of Top Contributor and their gain from contribution. I think that can be a real motivation for others to get charged.

Cafe: Perfect!

Location: More Space should be provided (in case of Bangalore it was always over occupied)

Staff: I think 3 days are very hectic for Marilyn, Craig, Gali and Ury. In evening they looked very exhausted still smiling; they need to be given more support and staff during TechEd Event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

I was in TechEd / CommunityDay this year in Las Vegas, here my conclutions:

a) TechEd is a big thing, a five day event is too much, I can accept two day going to lecture sessions and hand-ons but after that time I become really tired.

b) I would like to see Community Days in all world at any time, irrespective if a teched is happening.

c) Community Clubhouse, I understand it as the Community space when teched is happening. When I was to Vegas, I went to CommunityDay first day, after that I had to go to TechEd, I think maybe having a CommunityDay the day before TechEd and community clubhouse when TechEd is happening could be redundant.

My ideal event could be a Community Day before TechEd, and a two day TechEd (without community clubhouse).

In Non TechEd location around world I would propose making Community Day when folk feels it and maybe some BoF sessions in Technology Days.

Regards,

Ignacio.

0 Kudos

SAP Community Day:

Keynote - good one to set the context.

Speed Networking - did not meet expectations. I thought at each table first we introduce ourselves and talk about the area of interest - basically to get to know each other. That itself would take up the 20 minutes for 5/6 people. But some skipped the intro and directly dived into what new products being brought about

BOF's - Personally a letdown for me. I hosted a session on SCM-APO but there were practically none with SCM-APO experience. In the end discussion veered towards how can consultants move from R/3 modules to APO.

Two other BOF sessions (Mark/Marilyn and impromptu one by Sapna Modi on Sol Man) I attended went fine.

Panel/Meet the Veepes - Discussion was ok but really I would have liked to take that time to have discussions with fellow Community Members based on interest. There was no free time unless you skip BOF sessions.

Lunch, Dinner/Event - You forgot to mention the breakfast. Spread was simply too good.

location, Setup, Various Activities, Wireless, Power, Staff - Perfect. No issues esp in SAP Labs campus.

Community Clubhouse: BPX Knowledge Table, SDN Knowledge Table/SDN Lounge, IVN Table, ESC Table, Mural, Theatre, Cafe, Location, Setup, Various Activities, Wireless, Power, Staff

Frankly I did not get much time to spend in the Clubhouse as I was trying to max on the lecture sessions. But definitely a thumbs up to the SDN Crew for keeping on smiling even when being jostled around. The WII and Cafe were definitely the hits.

Adobe and SDN RIA Hacker Night/Innovation Track: Setup, location, content, duration, speakers, staff - Not applicable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Initiatives such as Community day, Tech Ed and many others that makes us (The SDN) best interactive knowledge sharing community!!!!!!!

Altogether it was a superb day. Some of my comments to make it better:

Community Day:

<b>Keynote</b> was well enough but would like to have more information from SAP side apart from SDN stuffs. Alongwith amazing numbers of SDN it will be great if we add some things related to SAP growth. One session of 10-15 minutes which will cover of differect SAP tracks growth. Timing for keynote was perfect.

<b>Speed Networking</b> was simply great, especially the last one where people from specialized area gathered at one place. As per me timing for this should be increased as to meet many people we have to skip some BOF sessions.

<b>BOF</b> Tyhe first session hosted by Mark Finnern & Marilyn was quite good. It was a totally interactive session and I suppose that BOFs should be more as interactive sessions than one person keeps talking. Craig one thing here related to BOFs, some people who promised to deliver BOF did not turn up on Community Day. Reason may be some logical but I request that whosoever is promising to deliver any session they must come and in any case they can not come to do the same, they should intimate the Community Day team so that it can be changed/replaced with some other thing.

<b>Panel/Meet the Veepes</b> I will suggest that in between the session participants thoughts can also be taken if they have any thought on the discussion along with the panelist. Many a times participants can give very nice opinion which will be very important for the discussion than the normal Q&A section at the end.

<b>Lunch, Dinner/Event</b> Simply stupendous!!!!!!

<b>Location</b> I will second Darshan on this point about location. We may go for some other location than SAP Labs but the feasibilty of many things should be taken care while deciding it. Being in SAP Lab everything was readily available as power,wireless, etc..

<b>Setup</b> it was very nice. Can we request participants to wear the T-Shirts given for the community day while being there on that day atleast?

<b>Various Activities</b> was good.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Message was edited by:

Subhasha Ranjan

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok...You know me...You saw my face at Vegas...I just really love everything about TechEd and Community Day!

I didn't make it to Speed Networking because I needed to get back to my room to take out something...And didn't make it to the Goo-Goo Dolls concert...Because I don't like that band....Other things were just great...Can't wait for next year! -:)

Greetings,

Blag.