cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template to upload fixed assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all......

i'm using the fixed assets add-on for SAP B1 and planning to use the transfer methos to create the asset master data. but there is no template provided for this in DTW or anywhere. does anyone have a template to upload assets master using the import fixed assets master data transaction.

thanks

kanishka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jimmy

thanks a lot i got the template, but once i upload it gives a message saying 10 records are processed but 0 records got imported. i do not know why it is not getting created can you explain me the procedure to create the assets in FA add-on

Thanks

Kanishka

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suggest you to read this solution and do it while I also check and replicate your issue in my database :

f not all of the fixed assets are imported by the Fixed Assets Master Data Import, you can check the log file for more information. The log file is located in a subdirectory called "SAP Business One Log" that can be found in your temp directory. To access the temp directory, open Windows Explorer and enter "%temp%" in the Address field. For details, refer to Note #723683.

You may find one or more lines beginning with, for example:

[date time] BA ER CBAMasterDataTransfer::CBAMasterDataTransfer.

The error message and the incorrect data are then added to this initial string.

You can find out what is wrong in the log file.

Diagnosis of the problem from system messages:

• "Import End; Number of imported asset:0; Number of processed asset: 0; Error: 1"

Reason: It is usually due to format error.

• "Import End;Number of imported assets:0; Number of processed asset:2"

Reason: Note that there is no error. It is usually because of the conflict of Depr. Start Date , Use Life and Remaining Life.

The following is a list of possible errors:

• Fixed Asset in Production Mode -- Make sure Fixed Asset is in Transfer mode before importing.

• The number of semicolons for each line is not 66 -- For each line, each field must be separated by a semicolon(, the number of separators( should be 66. Number( = 66.

• Wrong Date Format DD-MM-YYYY or MM-DD-YYYY -- The correct date formats should be : YYYYMMDD, YYYY-MM-DD, YYYY.MM.DD or YYYY/MM/DD

• Asset Class unavailable -- The asset class in your csv file does not exist in Fixed Assets; make sure the used asset classes are defined in Fixed Assets before importing.

• Depr. Type unavailable -- The given depreciation type does not exist in Fixed Assets, make sure the used depreciation type is defined in Fixed Assets before importing.

• Depr. Area unavailable -- You entered data for a depreciation area that does not exist. If there are only 2 depreciation areas in Fixed Assets do not enter data for area 3 or 4.

• Depr. Area is inactive for asset class -- You entered data in the csv file for an area that is not active for the given class in Fixed Assets.

• Life parameter is negative or the remaining life is greater than planned life -- All life parameters should be positive, the remaining life should be less than the planned life

• Life Parameters(Depr. Start Date, Useful Life and Remaining Life) are mathematically incorrect for one of the areas in csv. Remaining life = Useful life - (the difference between the first date of import year and depreciation start date). Note that it is not the difference between import date(the date you import Fixed Asset Master Data) and depreciation start date. You must calculate the remaining life correctly. For example, you want to import an asset in 2005, you import it on 2005-09-01 ,then the first date of the import year is 2005-01-01, Depr.StartDate = 2003-06-01, Useful Life =60 months,then

Remaining Life = 60 - (2005-01-01 - 2003-06-01) = 60 -19 =41 months.

The following calculation is wrong:

Remaining Life = 60 - (2005-09-01 - 2003-06-01) = 60 - 27 = 33 months

• Import Fixed Asset for the current fiscal year -- The fixed asset master data import function is designed for legacy data importing. We recommend you to import fixed asset master in the past years. If you insist on importing an asset for the current fiscal year, make sure the depreciation start date is the first date of current fiscal year and the Remaining Life is the same as the Useful Life.

• Year Values -- the sum of the accumulated depreciation (planned, unplanned and special depreciation) in the csv file is greater than the acquistion and production costs.

Rgds,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Can u please send me the template...

Email: Sachinagrawal456@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.  Would you mind emailing me the Fixed Assets Import template that use can use with DTW?  My email address is serena.cyr@tegrous.com.

Thanks!

Serena

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all

Have you checked this?

Fixed Assets Add-on: Import Master Data

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000838222009E

It gives information on how to do a succesful import

Jose Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

jimmy i have sent you a mail using my mail id please forward the templates to me

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually, you can upload it without using DTW but directly in the FA. I have the template and I can send you. Send me your mail  mod - email removed

Rgds,

Message was edited by: Paul Finneran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Kindly email me a sample template for fixed assets import

My email is dtengani@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

David

former_member209762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I'm looking for such a template. Please can you send it to me at merveille2000@gmail.com ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE FIXED ASSET DATA - Cost Accounting Data - Project Table  @BA_OPRJ.

Version 8.82 PL07

Fixed Assets Add-ON 882.070.00.07

We have existing fixed assets that I need to update all assets, by adding the project in the cost accounting tab. I cannot see how to use DTW or fixed asset module to do this update.

Example

I see the table @BA_OPRJ in the DTW module but not sure of the structure to update this data.

Exported "Template:

With DTW I use Import Setup Data >> ADD/Update >> User Defined Data >> Tables (UDT) >>U_BA_OPRJ

Can Anyone help on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

If it is possible, Please can u send the Asset master data template to my Mail IDemail removed - mod

Raja

Message was edited by: Paul Finneran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Can u please send me the template...

Email: renie_ho@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy

Please send template.Im running 9.0 PL4. email: bokamoso.matsila@gmail.com

Thanks