0 Kudos

I'm at the screen

create MDM repository
Login:
password:
Repository name
port

but can't connect to DBMS.

I'm wondering how MDM know the DBMS port. Of course I change the default port.(SQL Server).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen

To create an MDM Repository, you can choose one of the following possibilities:

● Creating an empty MDM Repository

● Creating an MDM Repository from an XML schema file

Repository from XML Schema file:..

a. Choose Create Repository from Schema from the context menu, or select the tree node and choose Repositories ® Create from Schemafrom the main menu. MDM opens the Windows file Open dialog.

b. Select the XML schema file to use to create the new repository and click Open. MDM opens the Create MDM Repository dialog.

c. Select the DBMS Server for the MDM repository from the drop-down list.

To reference a SQL Server named instance, append a backslash () and the instance name after the machine name above.

d. To use Windows authentication, leave the Login empty (requires the SQL Server Allow Windows Authentication Mode parameter in the MDM Server Settings file (mds.ini) to be set to True).

e. To remove an entry from the drop-down list of DBMS Servers, make it visible in the closed drop-down control and press Del.

f. Enter the appropriate DBMS login (which must have system administrator privileges) and password for the selected DBMS Server and click Next. Now,

MDM disables the DBMS Server, Login, and Password fields and enables the Repository Name and Portfields.

g. You can click the Options button to open the Repository Options dialog to change the number of partitions given to the new MDM repository from the default currently set for the Default Partitions DBMS setting; and/or create a subset or schema-only repository

h. Enter the name for the new MDM repository.

However you can find more information @

Click Finish to create the MDM repository.

this URL

Regards,

Krutarth

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, It seems MDM server find the database connection by itself (such as tcp port).

After I reinstall database server, MDM connect to SQL Server2005.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I didn't get the correct software packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the console:

1. if you create a new repository.( once you mount the server --> right click on the server -->in the context menu, select the CREATE REPOSITORY FROM SChema.

2. It will ask for location of schema file --> give the location and you can create the repository from the XML schema file.

3. Under Admin Node --> you will find the ports. ( here you can add ports)

first UNLOAD the repository, then you can add ports.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have selected create repository option, given user name password of a user with dba privileges, new repository name and port number and created. I guess this will create an empty repository while the other option schema XML file will upload the contents from an existing repository rt?

After that when I click on new repository and right click -> login it is asking repository user name and password . what details I have to enter here? I have not created any user to repository . How can I see the contents of the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

You can logon to the repository using "Admin" in the user name and password field as blank. This is the default user created automatically when u create a new repository.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I tried to login to the repository using Admin and password field as blank. But I am getting the following error

"

Repository login failed. Please check with your repository administrator for

assistance.

Error: The MDM repository is invalid."

It shows the MDM repository is invalid. Is there something else to be considered when we are creating the MDM repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

It may be possible that ur repository has not got created at the database level. I do not know the exact reason that why does this happen.U can do one thing,Try to delete the repository.If it says that record does not exist on database then u try creating another repository.If it gets deleted successfully then before creating the new repository,just check which are the ports used by alresdy created repositories.eg. ABC rep uses port 2345.then it is also using port 2346 and 2347. So u should take care of the port on which u r creating the new repository.

I m nt sure but I think that it would work.

Please let me know what happens.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Dheeraj

It worked. I deleted the repository and recreated one and specified another port 2347 ( restarted oracle listener as oracle was showing some errors). and I was able to login with username Admin and blank password. But how can we check if the port is already assigned to a repository?. I could not find any details of these ports on services file .

Also do you have any idea how to create users and roles for MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

Connect to all the repositories on the server.Then select the server. In the right hand properties pane,it will show u all the repositories. there u can see which is the port a repository is using.

For creating Roles and users, Connect to the repository, goto admin node of the repository. There u will see table named as users and another table as roles. Then create roles in the roles tables and after that create users in the users table and assign the roles created to these users as per ur requirement.

Hope this is what u r looking for.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a MDM repository you have to enter ther following details:

1) DBMS server :- The drop-down list of DBMS Servers includes only those

servers that you have previously added to the list and will usually

include for selection all the servers to which you might want to connect.

If the desired server is not in the list, click the “…” (browse) button to

open the Select DBMS Server dialog, and select from the list of DBMS

Servers known to MDM. If the desired DBMS Server is not in this list

either, then click the Add button in the Select DBMS Server dialog to

open the Add DBMS Server dialog, and select from the list of servers and choose the DBMS type from the drop-down list.

2)Login and Password :- Enter the appropriate DBMS login (which must have system administrator privileges) and password for the selected DBMS Server

and click Next.

MDM disables the DBMS Server, Login, and Password fields and

enables the Repository Name and Port fields

3)Enter the name for the new MDM repository.

4)Port :- If necessary, edit the TCP/IP port number in the Port text box. This

would be necessary only if there are multiple MDM repositories, or if

the default port number and/or two numbers following it in sequence

are used by some other program on the host computer. Your Network

Administrator can provide an alternate port number, if needed.

Finally click finish to create the repository

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kindly reply.

but now I can't input the port. I don't know why.

And I can't find any other menu like create from xml....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen,

After you fill in the DBMS server name, login and password it will allow you to fill the repository name and port number.

For your second question when you right click on your server below create repository there is an option create repository from schema.Click that and then it will ask you to select the schema from wher you have saved it. chosse that and it will allow you to create the repository from schema

Regards

Dilmit Chadha