cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in variable substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

The below link gives some info bout variable substitution problems..

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

i am familiar with variable subtitution, but this blog says how to avoid when file name is included in the "content of file"..

but in receiver adapter we give

VaribalName Reference

Var1 payload:MT_VENDORMASTER,1,RECORD,1,Header_record,1,GLN_Code,1

: in runtime the value of gln_code should be included in file name as mar%var1%.txt.

but in this blog i have seen file node being added to avoid the file name inclusion in the "content of file"..

should we create one more dt,mt, etc for file node parameter that is mentioned or we should include it in the target message structure..im not clear on this..

if we include the filenode item in target structure the what will be the variable substitution parameters??

and is this problem still persisting in XI7.0????

please help me in this issue asap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun,

The requirement the sravya specified in the blog is different from your understanding.

Her requirement is that the file name should be in the format <b>"PNUnique Generation Number.+File_Type."</b>.

She did this by adding an adition field <b>FILENODE</b> in the target structure and generating an <b>unique file name using a java mapping</b> and mapping it to the filenode field. So the target payload has the FILENODE containing the filename that is generated by the javamapping which should not be a part of the target file.

There are 2 things involved in this.

1.Gererate the file name as like the FILENODE content using the variable substitution as(this is not included in the Blog)

Var1 payload:MT_VENDORMASTER,1,FILENODE,1.

2.Remove the filename from the target payload by specifying the FCC parameters specified in the Blog.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

PROBLEM SOLVED.

THANK YOU

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member398373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun,

we are also facing the same issue, could you please explain how you have solved this issue

Thanks in advance

Thanks

papireddy