cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create new vendor..XK01..URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru's

while doing vendor creation in XK01, i m not getting the data screens like address, ..etc.i m getting error " Specify the account group ". what does it mean..

can any help me step by step vendor creation in xk01, please explain me the integration of other module ..

thanks

sap-mm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is the Error you are getting:

"Specify the account group - Message no. F204"

Then you have not entered the account group in the Create Vendor: Initial Screen.

Mention the account group and proceed you will get all the screens.

With regards to Integration of Vendor master with other modules, all the company code data such as Accounting Info, Payment transactions, Correspondense, Withholding tax belongs to FI module.

The reconsialation account mentioned in the accounting info view is the crucial, which will reflect in MIRO and all the payment transactions with regards to the vendor will be updated in the GL account mentioned in treconsialation account field.

Pl let me know anything more you require and award point, if usefull

Thanks,

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow following steps,

1)T- Code for Creating Vendor Code is - XK01

2)Vendor Code should be blank if the number range is internal, & if it is external than the no should be entered as per your external no range. The no range is defined in account group whether it should be external or internal.

3) Appropriate Company Code should be entered in the company code.

4) Appropriate Purchasing Organization should be entered.

5) The account group is important & MANDATORY field which determines the number interval for the account,Number of the vendor, i.e. the number is assigned by the user or system & field , selection & screens.

6)Reference: If u r creating a vendor & u think which should be referred or some field should be taken from existing vendor master record u can put details of that vendor in the reference field.

7) After all the details are entered press enter u will get the next screen from that point you can fill all details of vendor.

Once you create avendor master record in MM it has integration with purchasing cycle for craetion of PO , with internal planning ( MRP) & even with SD

I hope this will clear your doubt.

If useful reward points,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chk the authorisation whether you have or not.

i think this is mainly because of authorisation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first of all while craeting the Vendor Master

you will have to enter Company code , Purchasing organisation after that account Group

Account Group decided ur no range whether External no range or internal no range

select as per ur requirement by doing F4 on Accont Group field

if there is tick on Ext field in the list that means that external no reqiured

if there is no tick sytem will suggest you a no automativcally

hope ur problem get solved

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apart from company code and purchasing organisation account group is mandatory.

Account group is nothing but one time vendor, sister company vendor, raw mtrl vendor etc. Based on vendor group the vendor number range changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow as per the link provided

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/01/a9b517455711d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Award points if useful

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating vendor press F7 it will show the address details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U need to define Account group in initial screen of XK01

select XK01--enter vendor number ,company code,P org. and account group ( e.g. 0001)

then only u can proceed to enter further details

Vishal...