cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incresing the Reference field length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

In my client the Reference field is made mandatory field to capture the vendor invoice number and this is used to track the duplicate invoice processing.But the limitation here is the field length is only 16 and many of the times it is not sufficient to entrer all the detail and the purpose of maintaing is lost because of inadequate data. We are using this field in T code FB60 or MIRO.

My query is whether we can increse the length of the field or is there any other solution. Any solution to this is welcome and will be rewarded with points.

Regards.

sk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue is closed.Actually sap does not suggest for changing the field length of standard field.In case of requirement the client can go for enhancement with increased field length.

Regards.

sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

increasing the field length is possible but changing standard fields length is not viable. normally the length of reference field is 30 characters. just check and consult with you ABAP person whether the display length has been reduced to 16. if so it would be no issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your guidance.I checked with the ABAP being a standrad field it can be changed.Only solution is enhancement.

Thanks & regards.

sk