Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Bank Account Numbers for Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

I'm looking into the possibility of modifying the display of bank account numbers in some transaction codes based on a user's role. For example when executing a transaction (CAA1) that displays the bank account number database field (BANKB), instead of displaying 123456789 I would like to display *****6789 for users that don't have the authority to view the entire number. The program that runs such a transaction (SAPLFKKC) doesn't seem to have user exits to achieve this. Has anyone experienced the need for doing something like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Sixtus

Edited by: Sixtus Iwu on Dec 20, 2007 9:27 PM

6 REPLIES 6

former_member187255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sixtus,

We can do masking this way.....

l_v_char2 = '12345678'.

write: l_v_char2 USING EDIT MASK '****____'.

Output : ****5678

I am not sure about userexit.

Hope this helps..

Chandra.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Chandra. However, the problem is not the actual masking, but finding a user exit or other exit that allows for the masking to be done. The transaction codes are CAA1 and FPP1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved by using an enhancement.

0 Kudos

Dear Sixtus,

I also have the same requirement to mask the display Bank Account No (BANKN) on FPP3 and CAA3.

Would you tell me how to do it?

Which Enhancements are associated to the tcodes?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sixtus

What solution did you find for this issue? I have a similar requirement for my project.

Thanks

Susmita Tripathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sixtus,

Would you mind sharing the solution?
I have a similar requirement for my project.

Thanks,

Pratik