Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction and Screen Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can Anybody tell me that Transaction and Screen Variant can be used for Z T. Code or not..

How...?????????

Plz. Tell me....Step-by-Step..

Thanks...!!!!!

Edited by: Prince Kumar on Dec 31, 2007 2:40 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Tcode for Transaction and Screen Variant is SHD0.

If you want step by step go through this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/content.htm

Reward points if it is useful.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this SAP link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Transaction and Screen Variantare created with transaction: SHD0

By using transaction and screen variants we can,

Insert default values into fields

Change the ready for input status for fields

Hide various screen elements, menu functions or entire screens

Adjust table control settings.

The difference between the two types is that a Transaction variant covers the whole transaction and therefore can have more than 1 screen, while a screen variant only can have 1 screen.

Regards,

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction variants are created with transaction SHD0

In the field Transaction on SHD0 enter the transactioncode for the screen you want tpo modify (E.g. VA03)

In the field Variant on SHD0 enter the name you want to give the transaction variant (E.g. ZVA03)

Press Create

Now the screen for the transaction is shown and you can enter default values in the fields of the screen

Press Enter. Now a screen that enbles you to make further customizing (Hide, Output only, Invisible, Mandatory) if the screen fields is shown.

After you have finished customizing the screen press Enter to go to the next screen or ave and exit to save the Transaction variant

To run the transaction varian, you must create a new Transaction code in SE93 that referes to the Transaction variant. Choose Transaction with variant as Start object.

Note: The transaction variant can also be called from a program that imcludes a call to function module RS_HDSYS_CALL_TC_VARIANT

Screen variants

To create a screen variant, use transaction SHD0. Use menu Goto -> Screen variants

The process to create a screen variant is similar to creating a Transaction variant. The difference between the two types is that a Transaction variant covers the whole transaction and therefore can have more than 1 screen, while a screen variant only can have 1 screen.

reward points, if helpful.

regards,

satish,

0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

I do all the thing as u told me but still i have problem...

That when i change/ modify / disable any field in my Z T. Code, even anything change in it....

It will reflect in my Standard T. Code also....But i don't want that..

I mean i want to change only in my Z T. Code not in Standard T. Code...

Plz Help....

Thanks...