Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter for B/S , P&L statements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii gurus

this is ramki...

Plssss help me in the making of Report painter for Balance Sheet and Profit And Loss Statements , as of now i didn't did Report Painter .

I have tried no.of times , i dont know the confg also...

My client is asking DR & Cr columns for the statements..

can any body plsssss forward to me report painter confg documentation...( atleat for base level confg )

helpers will b great appreciateble..

thanks in advance

regards

ramki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaybanda2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i am sending you a sample of how to createa report in report painter follow it,

Main Steps in Creating a Report Using Report Painter

The illustration below shows the main steps in creating a report with Report Painter:

In this section, you learn how to create a Profit Center Accounting (PCA) report with Report Painter.

For these sample reports, you should focus on the tables that correspond to the SAP application areas with which you are working. The examples shown in this section have been created in Release 4.6C.

Sample Report for Gross Profit Margin

Bungee Corporation wants to use Report Painter to create a gross margin report. This Profit Center Accounting report uses data table GLPCT. The desired PCA report displays the gross margin for each profit center.

Below is an illustration of the completed gross margin report.

Prerequisites to Creating a Report with Report Painter

Before you can create a report with Report Painter, you need to:

• Determine the table

• Find the library

• Create sets

• Create variables

The following sections explain these prerequisites.

Determine the Table

Before you can start creating the report, you must decide on the table you need to use. In this example, we use table GLPCT in Profit Center Accounting.

Find the Library

Determine the library you want to use for the desired table.

If you need to create a library, on the SAP Easy Access screen, either:

• From the navigation menu, choose SAP menu → Information systems → Ad hoc reports → Report painter → Report Writer → Library → Create.

• In the Command field, enter transaction GR21 and choose .

In our example, we use existing library 8A2 for creating a report.

Create Sets

Create the required sets for your report. To create a set, on the SAP Easy Access screen, either:

• From the navigation menu, choose SAP menu → Information systems → Ad hoc reports → Report painter → Report Writer → Set → Create.

• In the Command field, enter transaction GS01 and choose .

Note that this procedure is not necessary for creating the report given in the example that follows.

Create Variables

Create any variables for the fields that must be entered before the report is executed. To create a variable, on the SAP Easy Access screen, either:

• From the navigation menu, choose SAP menu → Information systems → Ad hoc reports → Report painter → Report Writer → Variable → Create.

• In the Command field, enter transaction GS11 and choose .

Note that this procedure is not necessary for the sample report in the next section.

Creating a Report with Report Painter

When you are ready to create the report using Report Painter, use the following steps.

Example Task: Creating a report using Report Painter

1. On the SAP Easy Access screen, either:

o From the navigation menu, choose: SAP menu → Information systems → Ad hoc reports → Report painter → Report → Create.

o In the Command field, enter transaction GRR1 and choose .

2. On the Report Painter: Create Report screen:

a. In Library, enter the name of the library to be used for the report (for this example, 8A2).

b. In the Report, enter a name for your report and a short text description.

c. Choose Create.

To help you better understand how to create a report in Report Painter, the next procedures explain the varying substeps. You can either:

o Define the rows (or rows with a formula)

o Define the columns (or columns with a formula)

o Define the general data selection

Define Rows

Example Task: Defining rows (including defining a row with a formula)

To start defining the rows, on the Report Painter: Create Report screen, double click on Row

On the Element definition: Row1 dialog box:

a. To include characteristics in the first row of the report, select the desired characteristics in the Available characteristics frame (for example, Account number)

b. Use to transfer the chosen characteristic to the Selected characteristics frame.

c. In From, enter the account number(s) you want to include in the row definition. Either enter to and from values or a group set (for example, the value 800000).

d. To enter the row heading, choose

On the Text maintenance dialog box:

a. In Short, enter the desired short text (for example, Revenue).

b. To copy the short text into the Medium and Long text fields, choose Copy short text.

c. To continue, choose

On the Element definition: Row1 dialog box:

a. To check if the selection is correct, choose Check.

b. To transfer the selection to the row 1 definition, choose Confirm.

You have now defined the first row.

To define the second row for costs, on the Report Painter: Create Report screen, double-click on Row 2.

On the Select element type dialog box:

a. Select Characteristics.

b. Choose

On the Element definition Row 2 dialog box:

a. To include characteristics in the second row of the report, select the desired characteristics in the Available characteristics frame (for example, Account number)

b. Use to transfer the chosen characteristic to the Selected characteristics frame.

c. In From and To, enter the account number(s) you want to include in the row definition (for example, 400000 and 490000).

d. To enter the row heading, choose

On the Text maintenance dialog box:

a. In Short, enter the desired short text (for example, Costs).

b. Choose Copy short text to copy the short text into the Medium and Long text fields.

c. To continue, choose

On the Report Painter: Create Report screen:

a. You can now choose to add further rows with other required characteristics. In this example, you can create a formula in the third row.

b. Double-click on Row 3.

On the Select element type screen:

a. Select Formula as the row element type.

b. Choose

On the Enter Formula screen:

a. Enter the formula for Row 3. You can either type it in or use your mouse and the formula components buttons. If you type the formula, do not forget the spaces. In this example, Y001 and Y002 represent Revenue and Costs respectively.

b. To check the correctness of the formula, choose Check.

c. Choose

On the resulting Text maintenance dialog box:

a. In Short field, enter the text for the formula field (for example, Gross Marg).

b. In Medium and Long fields, enter the required text (for example, Gross Margin).

c. Choose .

You have now defined three rows (Revenue, Costs, and Gross Margin).

Define Columns

Example Task: Defining columns

On the Report Painter: Create Report screen, double-click on the first column, Column 1.

On the Select Element Type (not shown) dialog box:

a. Select Key Figure with characteristics.

b. Choose .

On the Element definition: Column 1 dialog box:

c. In the Basic Key figure field, use the dropdown to select Amount in company code curr.

d. In the Available Characteristics frame, select the desired characteristic for column 1 (for example, Fiscal Year).

If you want to be prompted for the fiscal year at the time of running the report, you must make this a variable instead of a value.

e. Choose to move the desired characteristic to the selected characteristics frame (for example, Fiscal year).

f. Place your cursor in the From value field and select the checkbox to the left under (variable on/off).

g. To view the possible entries for the From field, choose .

h. From the resulting selection dialog box:

 Select a variable from the list of available variables (for example, CYear).

 Choose .

i. On the Element definition dialog box, choose .

j. On the resulting Text maintenance dialog box:

 In Short, enter a text for the column header (for example, Curr Year).

 To copy the short text to Medium and Long text fields, choose the Copy short text button.

 Choose .

Now you have defined the column 1 for your report.

k. Back on the Element definition dialog box, choose Confirm.

On the Report Painter: Create Report screen, define column 2 and all other columns you choose to define. You can define these columns either by:

o Repeating steps for column 1

o Copying columns

o Entering a formula that calculates the difference between columns (for example, between Current Year and Prior Year [variable is Pyear] in a column called Variance)

Adding a column or formula is similar to adding a row formula. After defining the rows and the columns, the screen would appear as follows.

General Data Selection

After you define the rows and columns, define the general data selection screen for the report.

Example Task: Defining the general data selection screen for the report

1. On the Report Painter: Create Report screen, from the menu bar, choose Edit → General data selection.

2. On the Element definition: General data selection screen:

a. From the Available characteristics frame, select the fields to add to the general data selection as shown.

b. Choose to move the selections into the Selected characteristics frame.

c. Enter the values for each field. (For example, the standard ledger for PCA is 8A to 8E and the U.S. company code in IDES is 3000. This example is a year-to-date report, so all 12 periods are in the range. The standard Version in PCA is 0, the Record type for actual dollars is 0, and CO is 2000).

d. To check the selections, choose Check.

e. To create the definition for the general data selection for the report, choose Confirm.

3. On the Report Painter: Change Report screen:

a. To save the report, choose

To include the report into a report group, choose Environment → Assign report group.

1. On the Insert Report in Report Group dialog box:

a. In Report group, enter a report group name (for example, ZTGR).

b. Choose .

2. On the Create report group dialog box, choose Yes to create and assign to a new report group.

Display and Execute the Report

Example Task: Displaying the report you created in the previous steps

1. On the SAP Easy Access screen, either:

o From the navigation menu, choose: SAP menu → Information systems → Ad hoc reports → Report painter → Report → Display.

o In the Command field, enter transaction GRR3 and choose .

2. On the Report Painter: Display Report screen:

a. Double-click on your report.

b. Review the report display.

c. To execute the report, from the application toolbar, choose execute.

On the Selection screen:

a. Enter the variables used to execute the report (for example, Current Year 2000 and Last Fiscal Year as 1999).

b. On the application toolbar, choose execute.

The report appears. You have successfully created a report in Report Painter.

You can also execute the report through the report group (for example, ZTGR).

1. On the SAP Easy Access screen, choose SAP menu → Information systems → Ad hoc reports → Report Painter → Report Writer → Report group → Execute or in the Command field, enter transaction GR55 and choose

2. On the Execute Report Group: Initial Screen:

o In Report Group, use to select a report group.

o Choose .

3. On the next screen, enter appropriate values and choose .

4. On the next screen, from the menu bar, choose:

o Settings → Column attributes to change the column attributes such as changing the column width, setting the scaling factor, and setting decimal place numbering for number display.

o Settings → Summation levels to specify a range of summation levels for which totals will display.

o Settings → Print page format to change the layout of the report output.

5. To transfer the report to Microsoft Excel or Lotus 123, from the application toolbar, choose .

6. On the Options dialog box, select the radio button of your choice and choose . Note that for the report to open in Microsoft Excel or Lotus 123, you need to have these applications installed on your PC.

7. To get back to the original display of the report, select Inactive on the Options dialog box.

Understanding the Report List

After executing a Report Painter report, several additional functions can be applied to the output to make your reports as meaningful as possible. You can:

• Sort on each column.

• Highlight rows that meet the threshold criteria, for example any amount greater than 6,000.

• Drill down from any line item. Drilling down you can access ABAP programs, transaction codes, SAP Queries, drilldown reports, or other Report Painter and Report Writer reports.

• Launch SAP Graphics.

• Send the report through SAP mail.

• Save as an extract to be brought up later.

• Expand and collapse rows.

• Change the layout settings.

• Display the report in Microsoft Excel with office integration.

hope this gives you an idea, and send me an email to jaybandasap@gmail.com i will send you a doc on it,

if this was helpful then assign points ..

regards

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts

I need help to understand Report

I am using report library 8A2

we are having issue while running Report Group GC55 P&L reports

check below screen with variance in it how should I remove that means currently it showing $178,412.34. How should I make it as $0.00

screen shot

Here I am seeing variance in report $178412.34. Today we add new trading partner in set using t-code gs02. can you please guide should I need to add trading partner anywhere else to make it $0.00

I checked formula for variance that is looking fine and i also checked Account group for selection that is also looking fine can you please advise on this. if you need more help please let me know

Thank you

Mona