cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object ID and Object ID Version fields in Displaying Object Properties - XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In displaying Object Properties in XI we can see different fields like Type, Description, SCV, Object ID, Object ID Version, Status, Person Responsible, Changed On, Changed By, Display Language, Original Language.

But when i refer to the SAP Library documentation for these fields, Object ID and Object ID Version are not included. Here is the link for the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f0/fc9a3de2ec0753e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f0/fc9a3de2ec0753e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

With that said, i have no information on those two fields, only assumptions i've made that i would like to verify in this forum with the questions below

Please correct me if i'm wrong, the Object ID is the unique identifier for the object and the Object ID Version is directly connected with the versioning concept for IR and ID, so the Object ID is generated when you create the object (e.g. MM) and the Object ID Version changes every time that object is edited and change list activated for it. Is this correct?

Or does the Object ID change every time the object is edited and change list activated for it?

What is the behavior of these two fields when transported? e.g. dev to qa... are they both retained on the target IB's? (specifically for ID objects because the change list needs to be activated first on the target ID)

Does any one know where the Object ID and Object ID Version gets stored? (saved on a table in the ABAP stack or saved somewhere in the Java stack? e.g. can be viewed in Visual Admin or a URL) I am thinking of extracting all the XI objects with their corresponding Object ID and Object ID Version (per system) in one step. I know this is possible only if the Object ID & Object ID Version are stored in an ABAP table...

Kindly give me some inputs.

Please answer directly with the questions above. I will reward points for it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

>Please correct me if i'm wrong, the Object ID is the unique identifier for the object and the Object ID Version is directly connected with the versioning concept for IR and ID, so the Object ID is generated when you create the object (e.g. MM) and the Object ID Version changes every time that object is edited and change list activated for it. Is this correct?

The Object Id is created the first time you create the object.

Object Version Id is created the first time you save/activate a object.

Now suppose if you modify the object a new Object Version Id will be created but the Object ID will remain the same.

For IR Objects the Object Id & Object Version ID will remain the same across systems.

For ID Objects the Object Id & Object Version ID is not the same across systems.

Not sure about the table. Can you try in SE11 and check all tables with SXMS*. Could be also that tables might not be available from GUI i.e you might have to login to DB to find out.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

0 Kudos

Can you let me know the table where you find the object ID info